mail body get truncated while using CDO in ASP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by visu, Jul 17, 2006.

  1. visu

    visu Guest

    Hi
    my scenario is
    i ve upgraded my asp application to windows 2003 +IIS 6.0 + virtual
    SMTP server enabled environment from win 2000.
    so i need to update the mail procedure too.(becox i used CDONTs
    previously which is not supported in win 2003 by default).i have coded
    my mail sending script using CDO. The problem i am now facing is the
    mail message which is generated by my application is get truncated at
    the receiving end..

    Also i want to mention the way i coded my mailing module.
    i have a vbscript function to send email that uses CDO now
    and mailsending script is being called by a javascript block where i am
    concatenating the mail body.

    Also i dont receive mails at some personal domains. at the same time
    mail reaches free domains like yahoo,hotmail gmail.

    can anyone help me in this regard.?

    Thanx in advance.
    visu, Jul 17, 2006

  2. "visu" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > my scenario is
    > i ve upgraded my asp application to windows 2003 +IIS 6.0 + virtual
    > SMTP server enabled environment from win 2000.
    > so i need to update the mail procedure too.(becox i used CDONTs
    > previously which is not supported in win 2003 by default).i have coded
    > my mail sending script using CDO. The problem i am now facing is the
    > mail message which is generated by my application is get truncated at
    > the receiving end..
    >
    > Also i want to mention the way i coded my mailing module.
    > i have a vbscript function to send email that uses CDO now
    > and mailsending script is being called by a javascript block where i am
    > concatenating the mail body.
    >
    > Also i dont receive mails at some personal domains. at the same time
    > mail reaches free domains like yahoo,hotmail gmail.
    >
    > can anyone help me in this regard.?

    Not without seeing a smallish chunk of code where you think the problem is.

    You might try specifying a pickup folder configuration and specifying a
    temporary folder as the destination. Now when you send you'll see exactly
    what the code sends. This will tell you if the message is being corrupted
    in transit or whether your code is generating a truncated version in the
    first place.

    Perhaps you can harvest a good version of an email from the previous server.
    Compare the encodings.

    Anthony Jones, Jul 17, 2006