Mail::IMAPClient::BodyStructure tests fail

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Francesc Guasch, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Hi. I'm using the module Mail::IMAPClient. It works nice but I'm
    having some problems installing it in another server. It has an
    optional module called Mail::IMAPClient::BodyStructure. If it notices
    there is Parse::RecDescent installed it tries to run the tests and
    fails.

    I'm trying to debug it but I've never used Parse::RecDescent and I
    need some help.

    This is how it fails:

    t/bodystructure....NOK 2Can't call method "bodytype" on an undefined
    value at t/bodystructure.t line 21.

    this is the call to the Parser. I'm reading the Parse::RecDescent docs
    and I see I can se debug messages setting this vars:

    $::RD_ERRORS , $::RD_WARN and $::RD_HINT

    I'm trying to set this in the .t file but I see no new messages.
    I tried:
    $::RD_WARN = 1;
    $::RD_ERRORS = 1;
    $::RD_HINT= 1;

    also:

    $Parse::RecDescent::RD_WARN = 1;
    $Parse::RecDescent::RD_ERRORS = 1;
    $Parse::RecDescent::RD_HINT= 1;

    Then I tried in the BodyStructure.pm file:

    $Mail::IMAPClient::BodyStructure::parse::RD_WARN = 1;
    $Mail::IMAPClient::BodyStructure::parse::RD_ERRORS = 1;
    $Mail::IMAPClient::BodyStructure::parse::RD_HINT= 1;

    and some other random tries unsuccessfully.

    Is there an easy way to find a fix here ? Maybe I'm messing with
    something too hard.

    Francesc Guasch, Aug 27, 2003