    the records and write them out, btw.

    TIA

    Morris

    Morris, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Morris

    Bullschmidt Guest

    <<
    Does anyone know whether it is possible to effect a mail merge to MSWord
    using VBScript in an asp file? I know it is possible to produce a doc
    file and force a download using

    Response.ContentType = "application/msword"
    Response.AddHeader content-disposition","attachment;filename=myfile.doc"

    but can I interate through a bunch of records and produce, say, a
    separate invoice for each one by merging? I know how to iterate through
    the records and write them out, btw.

    I don't even think a Word mail merge of invoices would even be at all
    simple even with just straight Access because each invoice record also
    contains multiple invoice detail line records.

    My sample invoice database on the Web just shows all the invoices asked
    for but doesn't try to make a Word mail merge out of it.

    You already know aobut Response.ContentType = "application/msword"

    And also of course a user could do File | Save As from the browser to
    save the invoices to disk (as an html file) and then open the html file
    in Word although I'm not really sure how seemless that would be with all
    the files involved such as images files...

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, Jan 26, 2005