    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. |
    org | Zappa fan & glider pilot

    Martin Gregorie, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Martin Gregorie

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:41:06 +0000, Martin Gregorie
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >- parse a standard mail message header and allow its contents to be
    > manipulated
    >- Extract the component sections of a standard MIME message body
    >- decode encoded binary MIME attachments.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javamail.html

    "it's in there".
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Feb 26, 2006

  3. Martin Gregorie

    Rob Skedgell Guest

    Martin Gregorie wrote:

    > Is there a Java package containing classes for handling standard main
    > messages?
    >
    > I need the capability to:
    >
    > - parse a standard mail message header and allow its contents to be
    > manipulated
    > - Extract the component sections of a standard MIME message body
    > - decode encoded binary MIME attachments.
    >
    > As a subsidiary question, if I want C components I know where to look
    > (SourceForge, FreshMeat, RPM finder), but is there any equivalent
    > directory for open source Java classes?

    Sourceforge host some java projects as well as C, you could also look at
    <http://www.java.net/>, <http://jakarta.apache.org> and the collection
    of RPMs at <http://www.jpackage.org/> (sadly no RPMfind-style search
    facility here).

    --
    Rob Skedgell <>
    GnuPG/PGP: 7DA3 1579 C0DD 8748 C05A B984 E2A2 3234 D14B 6DD7

    Rob Skedgell, Feb 26, 2006
  4. Martin Gregorie

    if you are a linux user, try http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jpackage.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Feb 26, 2006
  5. Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:41:06 +0000, Martin Gregorie
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    > someone who said :
    >
    >> As a subsidiary question, if I want C components I know where to look
    >> (SourceForge, FreshMeat, RPM finder), but is there any equivalent
    >> directory for open source Java classes?

    > if you are a linux user, try http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jpackage.html

    Thanks, guys. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

    --
    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. |

    Martin Gregorie, Feb 26, 2006
  6. Martin Gregorie

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/collections.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Feb 26, 2006
  7. Martin Gregorie

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:43:18 -0000, Roedy Green
    <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:41:06 +0000, Martin Gregorie
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    > someone who said :
    >
    >> As a subsidiary question, if I want C components I know where to look
    >> (SourceForge, FreshMeat, RPM finder), but is there any equivalent
    >> directory for open source Java classes?

    > see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/collections.html

    A couple of others that aren't on that list are Java.net
    (http://community.java.net/projects/) and JavaForge
    (http://www.javaforge.com), which are both basically Java-only versions of
    SourceForge.

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer
    http://www.dandyer.co.uk

    Daniel Dyer, Feb 26, 2006
  8. Martin Gregorie

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    Daniel Dyer, Feb 26, 2006
  9. Martin Gregorie

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:54:40 -0000, "Daniel Dyer"
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly
    quoted someone who said :

    >A couple of others that aren't on that list are Java.net
    >(http://community.java.net/projects/) and JavaForge
    >(http://www.javaforge.com), which are both basically Java-only versions of
    >SourceForge.

    thanks. I have added them.