Mail message package

Martin Gregorie

Is there a Java package containing classes for handling standard main
messages?

I need the capability to:

- parse a standard mail message header and allow its contents to be
manipulated
- Extract the component sections of a standard MIME message body
- decode encoded binary MIME attachments.

As a subsidiary question, if I want C components I know where to look
(SourceForge, FreshMeat, RPM finder), but is there any equivalent
directory for open source Java classes?

TIA

Rob Skedgell

Martin said:
Is there a Java package containing classes for handling standard main
messages?

I need the capability to:

- parse a standard mail message header and allow its contents to be
manipulated
- Extract the component sections of a standard MIME message body
- decode encoded binary MIME attachments.

As a subsidiary question, if I want C components I know where to look
(SourceForge, FreshMeat, RPM finder), but is there any equivalent
directory for open source Java classes?

Sourceforge host some java projects as well as C, you could also look at
<http://www.java.net/>, <http://jakarta.apache.org> and the collection
of RPMs at <http://www.jpackage.org/> (sadly no RPMfind-style search
facility here).