    Thanks for any help you can offer,

    Jeff Snoxell
    http://www.aetherweb.co.uk
    Jeff Snoxell, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Jeff Snoxell wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to develop a script to do some Spam filtering for me. I've got my
    > script running no problem. It connects to my pop box, scans and deletes
    > emails, logs its activity etc.
    >
    > Problem is, once the scan is completed, ALL my emails are marked as having
    > been read, so when I subsequently download them with my mail client, they're
    > not flagged up correctly.
    >
    > I've tried calling $client->unseen($i) for each message after I've finished
    > with it; but this doesn't seem to do anything.

    I'm doing the very same thing, but based on IMAP. There you can say
    $imap->Peek(1);
    to prevent the setting of the /Seen flag in the first place.

    HTH,

    Josef
    --
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    -- T. Pratchett
    Josef Möllers, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Jeff Snoxell wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to develop a script to do some Spam filtering for me. I've got my
    > script running no problem. It connects to my pop box, scans and deletes
    > emails, logs its activity etc.

    I have already done one, you can get it from

    http://yaspi.sourceforge.net

    > Problem is, once the scan is completed, ALL my emails are marked as having
    > been read, so when I subsequently download them with my mail client, they're
    > not flagged up correctly.

    do not download the full message, use "top" instead to retrieve the
    headers and the first lines

    Salvador Fandino, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Jeff Snoxell

    Sisyphus Guest

    Josef Möllers wrote:

    > I'm doing the very same thing, but based on IMAP. There you can say
    > $imap->Peek(1);
    > to prevent the setting of the /Seen flag in the first place.

    Not sure if that will work with Mail::pOP3Client .... but it might. See
    the section "IMAP COMPATIBILITY" near the end of the Mail::pOP3Client
    pod documentation.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Oct 9, 2003