Mail::SendEasy smtp error,

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Paul, Jul 21, 2005.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    hi, greeting,

    I am trying to use Mail::Sendeasy to set up a smtp application, run my
    scripts and get this error, I have already installed IO::Socket::INET.
    and I have changed smtp port to 587. I tried use the default port 25,
    but it gave me the same error.

    SMTP Server connected
    ERROR: Can't connect to localhost:25
    IO::Socket::INET: connect: Software caused connection abort
    ....propagated at
    smtptest.pl line 70.

    Thanks.

    //////////////////////////////
    use Mail::pOP3Client;
    use strict;
    use warnings;
    use Mail::SendEasy ;

    my $email_reply;
    my $status_send;

    $email_reply = new Mail::SendEasy
    (
    smtp => 'mail.xxxx.com',
    user => 'xxxx',
    pass => 'xxxxx',
    port => 587,
    ) ;
    if(!$email_reply)
    {
    print "Can not connect SMTP server!\n";
    }
    else
    {
    print "SMTP Server connected\n";

    }
    $status_send = $email_reply->send
    (
    from => '' ,
    from_title => 'xxxxx' ,
    reply => '' ,
    error => '' ,
    to => '' ,
    cc => '',
    subject => 'Test email purpose only',
    msg => 'This email is used to test
    smtp server only',
    # html => "<b>The HTML Msg...</b>" ,
    msgid => "0101" ,
    );

    if (!$status_send)
    {
    print $email_reply->error ;
    die "Can not send out the email","\n";
    }
    else
    {
    print "Smtp server runs well, test mail is
    OK now.\n"
    }

    Paul, Jul 21, 2005