Mail::Sender problem

jis

Hi,

I wrote a program to send email. It looks as below

use strict;
use Mail::Sender;
my $smtp = 'IN****.A***.D*****.net';
my $subj = 'my first automated mail message ';
my $from = 'j********a@d****i.com';
my $to = 'j*********a@d****.com';

my $sender = new Mail::Sender {smtp => $smtp, from => $from ,to =>
$admn, subject => $subj};
$sender->Open({
to => $to,
subject => $subj,
auth => 'LOGIN',
authid => '*****',
authpwd => '********'});
$sender->Close();
if( $Mail::Sender::Error) {
print "Error sending mail: $Mail::Sender::Error \n";
}
else { print "Sent ok $Mail::Sender::Error \n"; }

This works fine for me without any issues.
I converted this script to exe using p2x-8.80-Win32.It gave warnings
initially with
1. Config file missing.
2. Langinfo.pm missing.
3. Digest::perl::MD5 missing

I re installed Mail::Sender to make sure that there is a config file.I
manually copied LangInfo.pm to the I18N folder under C:\\perl\\lib.
ALso installed MD5 from cpan.

I converted to exe without any warnings.
But when I run exe it throws the error
" -3Error Sending
mail: Connect failed:An established connection was aborted by
software
in your host machine" . I do not have problems when I go back and run
my perl file.

I use Windows xp, Active perl 5.8.8 Build 820, Mail::sender 0.8.13
I use p2x-8.80-Win32 to convert .pl to .exe.I did not have any
problems while converting to exe before.Ofcourse I never used
Mail::Sender before.

Please throw light.

Cheers,
jis

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

jis said:
I wrote a program to send email. It looks as below

use strict;
use Mail::Sender;

This works fine for me without any issues.
I converted this script to exe using p2x-8.80-Win32.It gave warnings
initially with
1. Config file missing.
2. Langinfo.pm missing.
3. Digest::perl::MD5 missing

I re installed Mail::Sender to make sure that there is a config file.

Did that really make a difference with respect to the config file
Perl2Exe complained about?
I manually copied LangInfo.pm to the I18N folder under C:\\perl\\lib.
ALso installed MD5 from cpan.

I converted to exe without any warnings.
But when I run exe it throws the error
" -3Error Sending
mail: Connect failed:An established connection was aborted by
software
in your host machine" . I do not have problems when I go back and run
my perl file.

I use Windows xp, Active perl 5.8.8 Build 820, Mail::sender 0.8.13
I use p2x-8.80-Win32 to convert .pl to .exe.I did not have any
problems while converting to exe before.Ofcourse I never used
Mail::Sender before.

I know that Mail::Sender was written with conversion to .exe files in
mind, so it ought to be a good choice for the purpose.

Maybe you should try to get in touch with the Mail::Sender author.

Larry

Did that really make a difference with respect to the config file
Perl2Exe complained about?

I know that Mail::Sender was written with conversion to .exe files in
mind, so it ought to be a good choice for the purpose.

Maybe you should try to get in touch with the Mail::Sender author.

Why are you messing with CPAN and copying things manually? If you
have ActiveState Perl you should use Perl Package Manager to install
your packages.

jis

Why are you messing with CPAN and copying things manually? If you
have ActiveState Perl you should use Perl Package Manager to install
your packages.- Hide quoted text -

As far as i know PPM do not allow to install all packages.
Any way author of the module confirmed me none of the warnings have
dependencey on the this module.

regards,
jis