Mail::Sender problem

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by jis, Aug 20, 2007.

  1. jis

    jis Guest

    Hi,

    I wrote a program to send email. It looks as below

    use strict;
    use Mail::Sender;
    my $smtp = 'IN****.A***.D*****.net';
    my $subj = 'my first automated mail message ';
    my $from = 'j********a@d****i.com';
    my $to = 'j*********a@d****.com';

    my $sender = new Mail::Sender {smtp => $smtp, from => $from ,to =>
    $admn, subject => $subj};
    $sender->Open({
    to => $to,
    subject => $subj,
    auth => 'LOGIN',
    authid => '*****',
    authpwd => '********'});
    $sender->Close();
    if( $Mail::Sender::Error) {
    print "Error sending mail: $Mail::Sender::Error \n";
    }
    else { print "Sent ok $Mail::Sender::Error \n"; }

    This works fine for me without any issues.
    I converted this script to exe using p2x-8.80-Win32.It gave warnings
    initially with
    1. Config file missing.
    2. Langinfo.pm missing.
    3. Digest::perl::MD5 missing

    I re installed Mail::Sender to make sure that there is a config file.I
    manually copied LangInfo.pm to the I18N folder under C:\\perl\\lib.
    ALso installed MD5 from cpan.

    I converted to exe without any warnings.
    But when I run exe it throws the error
    " -3Error Sending
    mail: Connect failed:An established connection was aborted by
    software
    in your host machine" . I do not have problems when I go back and run
    my perl file.

    I use Windows xp, Active perl 5.8.8 Build 820, Mail::sender 0.8.13
    I use p2x-8.80-Win32 to convert .pl to .exe.I did not have any
    problems while converting to exe before.Ofcourse I never used
    Mail::Sender before.

    Please throw light.

    Cheers,
    jis

    jis, Aug 20, 2007

  2. jis wrote:
    > I wrote a program to send email. It looks as below
    >
    > use strict;
    > use Mail::Sender;

    <snip>

    > This works fine for me without any issues.
    > I converted this script to exe using p2x-8.80-Win32.It gave warnings
    > initially with
    > 1. Config file missing.
    > 2. Langinfo.pm missing.
    > 3. Digest::perl::MD5 missing
    >
    > I re installed Mail::Sender to make sure that there is a config file.

    Did that really make a difference with respect to the config file
    Perl2Exe complained about?

    > I manually copied LangInfo.pm to the I18N folder under C:\\perl\\lib.
    > ALso installed MD5 from cpan.
    >
    > I converted to exe without any warnings.
    > But when I run exe it throws the error
    > " -3Error Sending
    > mail: Connect failed:An established connection was aborted by
    > software
    > in your host machine" . I do not have problems when I go back and run
    > my perl file.
    >
    > I use Windows xp, Active perl 5.8.8 Build 820, Mail::sender 0.8.13
    > I use p2x-8.80-Win32 to convert .pl to .exe.I did not have any
    > problems while converting to exe before.Ofcourse I never used
    > Mail::Sender before.

    I know that Mail::Sender was written with conversion to .exe files in
    mind, so it ought to be a good choice for the purpose.

    Maybe you should try to get in touch with the Mail::Sender author.

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Aug 21, 2007

  3. jis

    Larry Guest

    On Aug 20, 7:58 pm, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote:
    > jis wrote:
    > > I wrote a program to send email. It looks as below

    > > use strict;
    > > use Mail::Sender;

    > <snip>
    >
    > > This works fine for me without any issues.
    > > I converted this script to exe using p2x-8.80-Win32.It gave warnings
    > > initially with
    > > 1. Config file missing.
    > > 2. Langinfo.pm missing.
    > > 3. Digest::perl::MD5 missing

    > > I re installed Mail::Sender to make sure that there is a config file.

    > Did that really make a difference with respect to the config file
    > Perl2Exe complained about?
    >
    > > I manually copied LangInfo.pm to the I18N folder under C:\\perl\\lib.
    > > ALso installed MD5 from cpan.

    > > I converted to exe without any warnings.
    > > But when I run exe it throws the error
    > > " -3Error Sending
    > > mail: Connect failed:An established connection was aborted by
    > > software
    > > in your host machine" . I do not have problems when I go back and run
    > > my perl file.

    > > I use Windows xp, Active perl 5.8.8 Build 820, Mail::sender 0.8.13
    > > I use p2x-8.80-Win32 to convert .pl to .exe.I did not have any
    > > problems while converting to exe before.Ofcourse I never used
    > > Mail::Sender before.

    > I know that Mail::Sender was written with conversion to .exe files in
    > mind, so it ought to be a good choice for the purpose.
    >
    > Maybe you should try to get in touch with the Mail::Sender author.
    >
    > --
    > Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    > Email:http://www.gunnar.cc/cgi-bin/contact.pl

    Why are you messing with CPAN and copying things manually? If you
    have ActiveState Perl you should use Perl Package Manager to install
    your packages.

    Larry, Aug 21, 2007
  4. jis

    jis Guest

    On Aug 21, 12:38 pm, Larry <> wrote:
    > On Aug 20, 7:58 pm, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote:
    >

    > > jis wrote:
    > > > I wrote a program to send email. It looks as below

    > > > use strict;
    > > > use Mail::Sender;

    > > <snip>

    > > > This works fine for me without any issues.
    > > > I converted this script to exe using p2x-8.80-Win32.It gave warnings
    > > > initially with
    > > > 1. Config file missing.
    > > > 2. Langinfo.pm missing.
    > > > 3. Digest::perl::MD5 missing

    > > > I re installed Mail::Sender to make sure that there is a config file.

    > > Did that really make a difference with respect to the config file
    > > Perl2Exe complained about?

    > > > I manually copied LangInfo.pm to the I18N folder under C:\\perl\\lib.
    > > > ALso installed MD5 from cpan.

    > > > I converted to exe without any warnings.
    > > > But when I run exe it throws the error
    > > > " -3Error Sending
    > > > mail: Connect failed:An established connection was aborted by
    > > > software
    > > > in your host machine" . I do not have problems when I go back and run
    > > > my perl file.

    > > > I use Windows xp, Active perl 5.8.8 Build 820, Mail::sender 0.8.13
    > > > I use p2x-8.80-Win32 to convert .pl to .exe.I did not have any
    > > > problems while converting to exe before.Ofcourse I never used
    > > > Mail::Sender before.

    > > I know that Mail::Sender was written with conversion to .exe files in
    > > mind, so it ought to be a good choice for the purpose.

    > > Maybe you should try to get in touch with the Mail::Sender author.

    > > --
    > > Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    > > Email:http://www.gunnar.cc/cgi-bin/contact.pl

    > Why are you messing with CPAN and copying things manually? If you
    > have ActiveState Perl you should use Perl Package Manager to install
    > your packages.- Hide quoted text -

    As far as i know PPM do not allow to install all packages.
    Any way author of the module confirmed me none of the warnings have
    dependencey on the this module.

    regards,
    jis

    jis, Aug 21, 2007