Mail::Sendmail cant send to yahoo.co.uk addresses

p cooper

I had soem problems using exim to send emails from my Cable modem dyndns.org
server
- various error messages relating to unknoqn server
the exim config file had my primary host as home network (the 192.168...LAN
name)

this was fixed by putting my dyndns.org name into exim as the 1ry hostname -
except it wouldnt appear in my @yahoo.co.uk inbox.

same thing happens when i try using Mail::Sendmail

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Mail::Sendmail;
my @to_emails=qw([email protected] (e-mail address removed) (e-mail address removed));
foreach my $to(@to_emails)
{ %mail = ( To =>$to,
From => '(e-mail address removed)',
Message => "This is a very short message"
);
sendmail(%mail) or die $Mail::Sendmail::error;

what it is it with yahoo.co.uk.
Are there any other ISP that will not accept mail from Mail::SendMail ?

David Efflandt

but it can - Yahoo automatically files it in 'bulk'

I wonder why??

Your IP resolves to a name that contains "cable", and may be on a dynamic
cable list (source of much spam and worms). Nothing to do with Perl or
Perl modules specifically.

That is less likely to happen if you configure your smtp server (or
scripts) to relay through your ISP's outgoing smtp server.