mailbox.mbox.add() also seems to set file permissions

tinnews

mailbox.mbox.add() has *another* 'quirk'. When it adds a message to
an mbox file it seems to set the permissions to 0755 which is quite
wrong for mbox files. I get the feeling that the mbox versions of the
functions are just bodged maildir ones. If one was creating a maildir
it *might* make some sense setting to 0755.

Where should one report bugs/errors in python library classes?

tinnews

Aahz said:
That's for doc bugs; regular bugs go to bugs.python.org (which is
currently down due to hardware problems).

No, it's a page that tells you how to report bugs, it directs you to
bugs.python.org which, as you say, is dead at the moment.