mailing dynamic content

Ward Germonpré

Hi,

I'm working on an intranet. Target browser and mailclient are
IE6/Outlook2000.

I use a topframe because I want to mimic Excel's fixed columnheaders.
When scrolling long lists of data, the columnheaders in the topframe
remain visible. Displayed data is dynamic, using php.

Now my question:
I want to give my users the option of sending the content of frame[main]
to a collegue by clicking a button. I'm looking for a clientside solution
because I want this action recorded in Outlook's "Sent" folder. Server
side is not an option.

Apparently IE allows sending a html page through mail. But as I use
frames, the sent html page is empty.
OnClick-ed, I assume I'll have to do a .focus to the correct frame, and
then the incantation that IE uses to mail a htmlpage.

thx for any help

Ward

tabasse

Hi,

have you found the solution ?
i'm looking for the same solution...

thanks
Franck

Richard Cornford

Ward Germonpré said:
I use a topframe because I want to mimic Excel's fixed
columnheaders. When scrolling long lists of data, the
columnheaders in the topframe remain visible. Displayed
data is dynamic, using php.

It is entirely feasible to arrange that a division within an HTML page
scrolls independently of the rest of the page, allowing you to achieve
the required presentation with a single HTML page and avoiding the need
to compensate for the use of a frameset.

That is achieved with HTML and CSS so it is not really a JavaScript
question.

Richard.

Ward

It is entirely feasible to arrange that a division within an HTML page
scrolls independently of the rest of the page, allowing you to achieve
the required presentation with a single HTML page and avoiding the need
to compensate for the use of a frameset.

That is achieved with HTML and CSS so it is not really a JavaScript
question.

Richard.

You're right, I've seen this done.
Man what a shock...all my wasted energy.

Ok now I have the option of backing up and doing a rewrite.
But it would be easier if somebody could tell me how both IE6 and
Firebird 0.7 manage to have Outlook open a message and insert the html
page as an attachment. Firebird 0.6 couldn't do it.

thx for any suggestions

Ward

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Ward said:
But it would be easier if somebody could tell me how both IE6 and
Firebird 0.7 manage to have Outlook open a message and insert the html
page as an attachment. Firebird 0.6 couldn't do it.

Firebird is a web browser, it is neither supposed to nor capable of
manipulating Outlook's compose window. You could possibly do that
with IE on Windows using ActiveX, but that is not my metier and using
RadioActiveX[tm] is not really a JavaScript issue. There are NGs for
it in the microsoft.* hierarchy, though.

PointedEars