Mailing list for Ruby Weekly News

Tim Sutherland

Greetings, programs!

The Ruby Weekly News (RWN) now has its own mailing list. To subscribe, go to
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/rubyweeklynews-newsletter
or send an email with a Subject of "subscribe" to
(e-mail address removed)

The list is not for discussion, it should only have one post per week. (Plus
corrections.)

Thanks to everyone who requested this, I appreciate feedback.

BTW, several people have suggested an RSS feed. I don't quite understand how
this would work. Would every thread, announcement and release in RWN be an
item in the feed? Since all the threads etc. are created "all at once" at
the end of the week, what is the advantage of having a feed?

I can only think of two benefits:
- User gets told when a new RWN has been released.
- Easy to just look at threads whose titles sound interesting instead of
browsing the whole newsletter.

I'm not an RSS user, so I'm not sure how feeds are usually used. It seems
like they're better for sites like slashdot, blogs, etc. which have new
items added at random intervals, rather than RWN which adds a whole lot at
once.

Martin DeMello

Tim Sutherland said:
I'm not an RSS user, so I'm not sure how feeds are usually used. It seems
like they're better for sites like slashdot, blogs, etc. which have new
items added at random intervals, rather than RWN which adds a whole lot at
once.

The post would pop up in his aggregator when it was made, rather than in
his mailbox.

martin