    people have lines similar to "join our mailing list" with a single form
    field for their email address, are there any good recommended scripts
    (ideally in php) that does this someone knows of?

    Nospam, Oct 30, 2006

  2. Nospam

    Mark Goodge Guest

    On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:48:04 GMT, Nospam put finger to keyboard and
    typed:

    >I am looking for an equivalent script I have seen in several websites, where
    >people have lines similar to "join our mailing list" with a single form
    >field for their email address, are there any good recommended scripts
    >(ideally in php) that does this someone knows of?

    At the most basic level, and form-to-email script will do this - just
    capture the submitted addresses and manually enter them on your
    mailing list. But that's only suitable for very basic and low-volume
    applications. With any mailing list consisting of more than a handful
    of addresses, the complicated part is list management - verifying
    submitted addresses to ensure that no-one adds an address they don't
    control and making sure that people can automatically unsubscribe as
    easily as they joined.

    So what you're looking for isn't the front-end script per se, but a
    mailing list management system - which will include the front-end
    scripts, but be significantly more than just a front-end. I've not
    used any ready-made scripts for that (the only mailing lists that I've
    used are custom-built, but Google returns plenty of results such as
    those at these locations:

    http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scripts/Mailing_Lists/Mailing_List_Management/
    http://scripts.filehungry.com/showcase/php/mailing_list_management/
    http://www.bigwebmaster.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Mailing_List_Managers/

    Mark
    --
    Please give me one! http://www.pleasegivemeone.com
    "Shake off your golden shackles, children of time no more"

    Mark Goodge, Oct 30, 2006

  3. Nospam

    Lawk Salih Guest

    Mark,

    Thank you for the URLs, I actually liked one of the scripts and I am
    going to give it a try.

    Lawk Salih

    Lawk Salih, Nov 1, 2006