mailing list

Hywel Jenkins

Does anyone know what software generates mailing lists of the type that pop
up when you reach the homepage of a website eg http://www.golfswingguru.com

That's not a mailing list. It's just some wanky DHTML-ised layer that
gets in the way of the content with a form for suckers to subscribe
through.

Anyone want to guess at Peter Hamer's email address?

Roy Schestowitz

Hywel said:
That's not a mailing list. It's just some wanky DHTML-ised layer that
gets in the way of the content with a form for suckers to subscribe
through.

I second that. What does it have to do with a mailing list? I could only see
a jumpy animation of a window covering the page I was actually focused on.
If you want mailing list software, see mailman
<http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/>. If you want annoying, unappreciated
effects, you'll find some in JavaScript Source

Travis Newbury

Nospam said:
Does anyone know what software generates mailing lists of the type that pop
up when you reach the homepage of a website eg http://www.golfswingguru.com

PU... That is almost as bad at the Flash floaters that were so
prevalent a few years ago. While this obviously impressed you, you
probably don't want to really do it. Most people seem to find
unrequested pop ups like this annoying. But if you just HAVE to do it,
google floating pop up windows and you will be rewarded with your answer.