    Does anyone know what software generates mailing lists of the type that pop
    up when you reach the homepage of a website eg http://www.golfswingguru.com

    thanks

    Nospam, Jun 5, 2005

  2. In article <NFDoe.1728$>,
    says...
    > Does anyone know what software generates mailing lists of the type that pop
    > up when you reach the homepage of a website eg http://www.golfswingguru.com

    That's not a mailing list. It's just some wanky DHTML-ised layer that
    gets in the way of the content with a form for suckers to subscribe
    through.

    Anyone want to guess at Peter Hamer's email address?

    --
    Hywel

    Kill the Crazy Frog
    http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jun 5, 2005

  3. Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > In article <NFDoe.1728$>,
    > says...
    >> Does anyone know what software generates mailing lists of the type that
    >> pop up when you reach the homepage of a website eg
    >> http://www.golfswingguru.com

    > That's not a mailing list. It's just some wanky DHTML-ised layer that
    > gets in the way of the content with a form for suckers to subscribe
    > through.

    I second that. What does it have to do with a mailing list? I could only see
    a jumpy animation of a window covering the page I was actually focused on.
    If you want mailing list software, see mailman
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/>. If you want annoying, unappreciated
    effects, you'll find some in JavaScript Source
    <http://javascript.internet.com/>.

    > Anyone want to guess at Peter Hamer's email address?

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Jun 5, 2005
  4. Nospam wrote:
    > Does anyone know what software generates mailing lists of the type that pop
    > up when you reach the homepage of a website eg http://www.golfswingguru.com

    PU... That is almost as bad at the Flash floaters that were so
    prevalent a few years ago. While this obviously impressed you, you
    probably don't want to really do it. Most people seem to find
    unrequested pop ups like this annoying. But if you just HAVE to do it,
    google floating pop up windows and you will be rewarded with your answer.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Jun 5, 2005