    mail merge document and have the possibility of it by post.

    What's the best solution to mailmerge such info in ASP?

    TJ
    Tapi, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Tapi

    Guest

    Tapi wrote:
    > I have an ASP program that automatically sends text by email to

    customers. I
    > would now like to improve it so that I can collect all the email text

    in a
    > mail merge document and have the possibility of it by post.
    >
    > What's the best solution to mailmerge such info in ASP?

    Where does the mailmerge document originate? Is it a word doc? Is it
    the same format every time?

    If I were doing this, I would give whoever sends the emails out a form
    to type in their message and create a message using that.
    , Jan 28, 2005

  3. Tapi

    Tapi Guest

    The mail merge infor is stored ina a database as text. The program has to
    print this information in word so that the user has the possibility of
    editing it further if need be. The information to be printed depends on the
    business rules and is not always the same.

    Tapi, Jan 29, 2005
  4. Tapi

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:10:35 +0100, "Tapi" <> wrote:

    >The mail merge infor is stored ina a database as text. The program has to
    >print this information in word so that the user has the possibility of
    >editing it further if need be. The information to be printed depends on the
    >business rules and is not always the same.

    Does this have to be ASP? Word macros/VBA would handle this directly.
    Otherwise you're likely going to need to either send an XML of the
    merge info and use a Word doc on the client side to merge it, or
    you'll need to create a RTF doc. See:

    http://www.devx.com/asp/Article/17964/1954?pf=true

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jan 29, 2005