MailMessage Class

lostman

Hi,

Did someone know if sending email with smtpmail.send to HOTMAIL cause
any problem.

My system send an automatic email to the user, but many user does'nt
receive the email, but i have a "bcc" set to my email and a receive the
email each time. Can HOTMAIL block email because they think it'a a SPAM or
something like that ?

Thank you ?

lostman

Just for information, the same problem occur sometime with email on our own
server.. not only with HOTMAIL.

Thanks !

Marina

I doubt it would be anything related to the MailMessage class.
It is possible that hotmail thinks that your email is span and filters it
out.

Try sending the exact same contents of the email with the exact same
receipients and see what happens.

lostman

ok, last informations ;o))

The problem seems to occur on every email address.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

And i don't get any error message.

The original message is not sent, but the copy to my email address is sent.
Sometime the two message are sent, another time just the original.

It's very confusing..

Did someone have any idea ?

lostman

My bcc is not to a hotmail account, it's my email from the job (and also the
ISP, so very near the mail server ;o) ).

Yesterday i've changed the smtp server i use to send the email, and i did'nt
receive any message from user who have not recevie the email..
Maybe the problem was the smtp server.. but each day the number of user
registering in the system are less (little problem with my english here ;o))
so maybe it will take a couple of day to see if the problem was the Smtp
server.

Thanks !