    --
    MSG Servicos de Informatica
    Rio de Janeiro / Brazil
    =?Utf-8?B?TVNHIFNlcnZpY29zIGRlIEluZm9ybWF0aWNh?=, Aug 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TVNHIFNlcnZpY29zIGRlIEluZm9ybWF0aWNh?=

    Lucas Tam Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?TVNHIFNlcnZpY29zIGRlIEluZm9ybWF0aWNh?=
    <> wrote in

    > I'd like to know why when I use the "MailMessage" Class with
    > "SMTPServer"
    > class to authenticate in my SMTP Server I have to send an URL as
    > "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"; to authenticate. Is
    > it the unique mode to send emails in my situation? What's the other
    > mode to send emails without pass by Microsoft's URL?

    You'll need to be using .NET 1.1 to use these fields.

    With the System.Web.Mail classes, you'll have to pass in these fields,
    since authentication is not supported out of the box.

    You might want to take a look at the field:
    http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing

    0 is basic. 1 is NTML. 2 is SMTP authentication.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 11, 2005

  3. Thanks for Lucas's inputs,

    Hi Friend,

    For the "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/ " , it's not a
    normal URL, it's a configuration URI(maybe we should say it's a key for
    configuring certain setting of the CDO object):

    #http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/ Namespace
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_cdo_schema_configuration.
    asp?frame=true

    In fact, the System.Web.Mail components in .net framework is using the CDO
    object underlying. And the
    http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/ contains a collection of
    schema URIs( keys) to identify a set of settings of the CDO component , we
    can configure them thorugh these URIs at runtime.

    BTW, here is a FAQ site of System.Web.Mail which contains may common
    question on the web mail components:

    http://www.systemwebmail.com/

    Hope also helps. Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    --------------------
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | Subject: Re: MailMessage question
    | From: Lucas Tam <>
    otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Aug 12, 2005
  4. And if I do not have internet connection in my intranet where the
    application is running? How would I reach
    "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/" ?

    WHAT CAN I DO IN THIS SITUATION????

    =?Utf-8?B?TVNHIFNlcnZpY29zIGRlIEluZm9ybWF0aWNh?=, Aug 15, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TVNHIFNlcnZpY29zIGRlIEluZm9ybWF0aWNh?=

    Lucas Tam Guest

    wrote in news::

    > And if I do not have internet connection in my intranet where the
    > application is running? How would I reach
    > "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/" ?

    It's an (xml) schema... not an actual URL.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 16, 2005
  6. Yes, "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/" is just a URI (not
    necessarily a valid URL on the internet). It is just the same as other keys
    such as:

    "urn:microsoft-com:mail", "key_microsoft_mail" .....

    Using such schema keys dosn't require the box be connected to the internet,
    these buildin schema key will be recognized by the certain processing
    application. For example, for the

    "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"

    it'll be recoginzed by the CDO components no matter the components is
    running on a isolated box or connected to internet.

    Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    --------------------
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | Subject: Re: MailMessage question
    | From: Lucas Tam <>
    otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
    | Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:06:16 GMT
    |
    | =?Utf-8?B?TVNHIFNlcnZpY29zIGRlIEluZm9ybWF0aWNh?=
    <>

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Aug 16, 2005
  7. Thanks for the answer. This solve my question.

    =?Utf-8?B?TVNHIFNlcnZpY29zIGRlIEluZm9ybWF0aWNh?=, Aug 17, 2005
  8. You're welcome :)

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    --------------------
    | From: =?Utf-8?B?TVNHIFNlcnZpY29zIGRlIEluZm9ybWF0aWNh?=
    <>
    | Subject: Re: MailMessage question
    | Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:50:10 -0700
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    |
    | Thanks for the answer. This solve my question.
    |

    | --
    | MSG Servicos de Informatica
    | Rio de Janeiro / Brazil
    |

    | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
    |
    | > Yes, "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/" is just a URI
    (not
    | > necessarily a valid URL on the internet). It is just the same as other
    keys
    | > such as:
    | >
    | > "urn:microsoft-com:mail", "key_microsoft_mail" .....
    | >
    | > Using such schema keys dosn't require the box be connected to the
    internet,
    | > these buildin schema key will be recognized by the certain processing
    | > application. For example, for the
    | >
    | > "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    | >
    | > it'll be recoginzed by the CDO components no matter the components is
    | > running on a isolated box or connected to internet.
    | >
    | > Thanks,
    | >
    | > Steven Cheng
    | > Microsoft Online Support

    | > rights.)
    | >

    | > --------------------
    | > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | > | Subject: Re: MailMessage question
    | > | From: Lucas Tam <>
    | > otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
    | > | Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:06:16 GMT

    ne.de!newshub.sdsu.edu!newsfeed.news2me.com!newsfeed2.easynews.com!easynews.
    | > com!easynews!easynews-local!fe02.news.easynews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
    | > |
    | > | =?Utf-8?B?TVNHIFNlcnZpY29zIGRlIEluZm9ybWF0aWNh?=
    | > <>
    | > |

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Aug 18, 2005