mailto link in plain text email

Jeff Thies

I need to send a mailto link in a plain text email.

What format is widely recognized as clickable?

mailto:some_name@some_domain.com ?

Jeff

Neal

I need to send a mailto link in a plain text email.

What format is widely recognized as clickable?

mailto:some_name@some_domain.com ?

If it's a plaintext email, nothing is guaranteed clickable. So include the
email address alone, like some_name@some_domain.com .

Hywel Jenkins

I need to send a mailto link in a plain text email.

What format is widely recognized as clickable?

mailto:some_name@some_domain.com ?

If it's a link all you can do is set the email address, which the sender
can change, of course. The sending format is up to their news client.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
I need to send a mailto link in a plain text email.

If it's plain text, you can't include a link. Just put the email address
in on its own - most email clients will make it a link anyway.