    What format is widely recognized as clickable?

    mailto:some_name@some_domain.com ?

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Dec 23, 2004

  2. Jeff Thies

    Neal Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:46:08 GMT, Jeff Thies <>
    wrote:

    > I need to send a mailto link in a plain text email.
    >
    > What format is widely recognized as clickable?
    >
    > mailto:some_name@some_domain.com ?

    If it's a plaintext email, nothing is guaranteed clickable. So include the
    email address alone, like some_name@some_domain.com .

    Neal, Dec 23, 2004

  3. In article <4Juyd.11208$>,
    says...
    > I need to send a mailto link in a plain text email.
    >
    > What format is widely recognized as clickable?
    >
    > mailto:some_name@some_domain.com ?

    If it's a link all you can do is set the email address, which the sender
    can change, of course. The sending format is up to their news client.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 23, 2004
  4. Jeff Thies

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Jeff Thies <> said:

    > I need to send a mailto link in a plain text email.

    If it's plain text, you can't include a link. Just put the email address
    in on its own - most email clients will make it a link anyway.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Dec 23, 2004