Main > Popup > Popup > Close popup AND new URL in main?

Jens Peter Hansen

Hi
From my main window I open a series of popup (one close - next opens)
in a mockup for a registration proces.

From the last popup, I want to click a buttom, so the popup closes and
the URL in the original main window changes and the window get focus.

Uses
<script language="JavaScript"><!--
name = 'mainwindow';
//--></script>

to target the main window - but I havn't succeeded in closing the
popup.

Any suggestions?

Randy Webb

Jens said:
Hi
From my main window I open a series of popup (one close - next opens)
in a mockup for a registration proces.

From the last popup, I want to click a buttom, so the popup closes and
the URL in the original main window changes and the window get focus.

Uses
<script language="JavaScript"><!--
name = 'mainwindow';
//--></script>

to target the main window - but I havn't succeeded in closing the
popup.

self.close();

in the popup window.

Jens Peter Hansen

Randy Webb said:
self.close();

in the popup window.

Yes - with self.close() I can close the popup - but I can't figure out
how to change the content in the main window at the same time.

Please have a look at a small example I have placed at
http://www.purhusnet.dk/popupsequence/ - in this example I do change
content in main window, but the popup retains focus.

regards jph

Randy Webb

Jens said:
Yes - with self.close() I can close the popup - but I can't figure out
how to change the content in the main window at the same time.

Please have a look at a small example I have placed at
http://www.purhusnet.dk/popupsequence/ - in this example I do change
content in main window, but the popup retains focus.

regards jph

<A HREF="./red.html" TARGET="hovedvindue"
oncklick="setTimeout(closeIt,1000)">- red content</A>

function closeIt(){
self.close();

Jens Peter Hansen

Correct - lucky me, I'm only producing a mockup so for a start it is OK
that it's only working in IE. Smarter people than me must solve the
Mozilla/Netscape issue later :)

regards jph

Randy Webb

Jens said:
Correct - lucky me, I'm only producing a mockup so for a start it is OK
that it's only working in IE. Smarter people than me must solve the
Mozilla/Netscape issue later :)

The reason it works in IE and not Mozilla is because IE lets you name an
already open window on the fly, Mozilla doesn't.

Also, you may want to read