Maintain check list status in datagrid with paging

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Andrew Jayaraj, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Hi all,

    I need to maintain the status of checkbox in a datagrid that should not get
    affected when traversing through pages.

    The complete requirement is as follows...

    I have an list of contacts & corresponding email addresses. This is been
    displayed using a datagrid with sorting & paging of say 20.
    Beside each and every contact, I need to have a checkbox used for selecting
    the corresponding email addresses.

    My requirement is... the user can select 3 contacts from the 1st page,
    move to the 4th page & again select some 2 contacts, coming back to the 1st
    page the user deselects 2 of the contacts that had been selected previously.
    likewise he can traverse through all the pages. Finally when he clicks on
    the "Submit" button, the complete list of contacts that has been selected by
    the user has to be listed out

    I need to accomplish this functionality using a datagrid.

    I have an idea of having the selected email addresses in a hidden text box
    by which I could traverse along diff pages.
    But, is there any other method to accomplish this?

    Any suggestions or solution for this?

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Andrew Jayaraj

    Scape Velocity Net Solutions Ltd,
    II Floor, Kaba Plaza,
    57, LB Road, Adayar, Chennai.
    Ph: 91-44-5218 7096 / 97 / 98 . Ext:208
    E-Mail:

    Visit us at: www.scapevelocity.com

    ****************************************Disclaimer**************************
    Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Scape Velocity,
    Inc is 'privileged', 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
    individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any use or dissemination of
    any information contained in the E-MAIL beyond that necessary to conduct
    business with Scape Velocity, Inc. is strictly prohibited, except as may be
    agreed to in writing between Scape Velocity and you or your organization. If
    the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or agent
    hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
    communication is prohibit
    Andrew Jayaraj, Dec 2, 2003