Maintain Single Login in different Live Servers

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UHJvbm9qaXQgUm95?=, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. Hi Xperts,

    I have multiple Web Sites in different Live Servers. I want to login any of
    the sites, and then I will access all the other sites without giving any more
    login information (i.e I want to maintain the session state in all the web
    servers).Web Sites are developed in ASP.Net using C#.Net. I have configured
    my Web.Config with the Following details :

    <sessionState
    [t][t][t]mode="SQLServer"
    [t][t][t]stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    [t][t][t]sqlConnectionString="data source=192.168.12.18;user
    id=sa;password=password123"
    [t][t][t]cookieless="false"
    [t][t][t]timeout="20"
    [t]/>

    I have also executed the stored procedure "installsqlstate.sql" from my "SQL
    Query Analyzier". The Session are being stored in the "tempdb DataBase"
    properly.

    Now the Problem Is :

    If I am trying it with different applications in Different Live Servers and
    having single SQLServer,then it is not working.[?]

    Is there any concept of "machinekey" over here, or do I have to change the
    machine.config?

    Please Help,

    Brojo Kishore Chatterjee.

    Web Developer
    =?Utf-8?B?UHJvbm9qaXQgUm95?=, Dec 29, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UHJvbm9qaXQgUm95?=

    bruce barker Guest

    by default each vdir has its own session state and login. if you want a site
    common login you will need code it yourself.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 29, 2004