    and a secured site? (Best practices and resources are welcomed).

    thanks,
    rodchar

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=, Dec 7, 2004

  2. Could you rephrase the question? I know what maintaining state is, but I
    have no idea what maintaining state between a public and a secured site is.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Dec 7, 2004

  3. for instance, we have a payment page that rests on our secure site (SSL 443)
    but the rest of the site is on our public web server. what if some summary
    info needs to be passed to the secured site how does that work? Or would you
    not want to pass info that way?

    thanks,
    rodchar

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=, Dec 7, 2004
  4. Ah, you don't want to maintain state. You want to pass data from one web app
    to another. So, the real issue is messaging. If the data is not sensitive,
    you can pass it via QueryString or Form Post. If the data is sensitive, you
    may want to encrypt it, if the 2 apps are on different servers. You could
    use Windows Messaging Services to send the data securely. You could pass
    data via SQL Server database. That's a few ideas.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Dec 7, 2004