Maintaining Authentication across ASP.Net Web Apps

Os

Hi,

What would be a good way to maintain authentication across web
applications?

I have an existing application (Framework 1.1) which does the user
authentication. Currently, we have developed another application in
Framework 2.0 which will only allow authenticated users from the
Framework 1.1 application to view the information.

Can anyone advise how I can achieve this?

Thank you!

Os

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

When using cookies, will there be any security issues?
How can I ensure and convince others that the cookie cannot be
replicated to authenticate another user?

Guest

hi,
There are different way to handle authentication with cookies.
The most secure is to store in the cookie, a crypted user id.
Then that user ide will be store in a databse USER ACCESS table in which you
will have user authentication information based on the crypted ID read from
the cookie

serge
MCP (XP, VB.NET,ASP.NET)

Os

Thanks Chris and Serge!

I think i have a basic idea of how it is now.

Much appreciated!