Maintaining client position on postback

Doug Daniels

Hi I was wondering if there was a simple way of
maintaining the position of the client after they post
back by selecting something in a asp:DropDownList with
auto-postback on.

I'm using it on a comics site to have the user select a
comic and have an image control change its URL depending
on the selection, but I don't want the page to reset to
the top every time the user chooses a comic. Here is my
event handler code:

--------------------

private void SelectComic_SelectedIndexChanged(object
sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
//make sure its a valid selection
if(this.SelectComic.SelectedIndex != -1)
{
this.ComicImage.ImageUrl =
this.SelectComic.SelectedValue;

Alessandro Zifiglio

hi Doug,

Enable smartnavigation.on the page. Your user wont even see the page glitch
during a postback.