maintaining session/context

Ajay

hi!

I am developing an application where the user will progressively create a
template file, each time progressively adding more information
i have explored echoing form data back each time using hidden fields and i
cant user a db.
What approach would you suggest? i suppose i could use cookies but then i
will have a large number of name-value pairs. With files, comes the
expense if disk I/O.
Also if i use files, is there a way to write an object to a file, i.e,
serialize an object and read/write to/from a file.

thanks

Tim Daneliuk

Ajay said:
hi!

I am developing an application where the user will progressively create a
template file, each time progressively adding more information
i have explored echoing form data back each time using hidden fields and i
cant user a db.
What approach would you suggest? i suppose i could use cookies but then i
will have a large number of name-value pairs. With files, comes the
expense if disk I/O.
Also if i use files, is there a way to write an object to a file, i.e,
serialize an object and read/write to/from a file.

thanks

Without more detail, its hard to say, but off the top of my head I'd
suggest keeping the name-value pairs or template entries in a dictionary
and then saving the dictionary object via pickling ...