Maintaining "ViewState" Going to Another Page and Back

Steve Murphy

I have an application where I need to leave a page, perform some processing,
and then return. On return, one set of fields will be updated, but the
remainder should remain in the state they were in when the user left.

Using the Request.Page NameValueCollection I can do this for everything but
ListBox content and selected index. Am I missing something, or do I need to
store that separately on my own?

Thanks.

Guest

Steve,
ViewState doesn't store the contents of a control at all, only the changes,
and only on a postback to the same page.
Hope that helps. You could use either Session or Cache if you need to.

Peter

Guest

Steven,

Using Session to store the instance of object before leaving a page. Then
retrieved the instance of object before loading a page back.
Hope can help you

Regards,
Joe Tsui