    page remains blank!

    Help!!! Anyone know wats going on?

    KW

    kokwooi, Sep 18, 2003

  2. "kokwooi" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a piece of blank aspx page which do nothing but Response.Write
    > something on page load. Some how tis piece of code runs fine in one of
    > my server(win2K) but in my second server(win2003) I noticed the
    > page_load event was not fired.
    >
    > When I add a button to the blank aspx page on the server that failed
    > to fire the page_load event, the button did not appear... the aspx
    > page remains blank!
    >
    > Help!!! Anyone know wats going on?

    It sounds like ASP.NET is not installed on the Windows Server 2003 system.
    Be sure to add the "Applications Server" role to the server.

    I'm sorry, but I forget the utility that does that. It's something off of
    the start page.
    --
    John Saunders
    Internet Engineer

    John Saunders, Sep 18, 2003

  3. kokwooi

    xxx xxx Guest

    I already had the .NET framework installed in the server. But how do I
    add the "Application Server" role into my server.

    Further examine I found that if I place a label in the page. Label
    appear but not the buttons. What could be wrong?

    Thanks,
    KW

    xxx xxx, Sep 18, 2003
  4. "xxx xxx" <> wrote in message
    > I already had the .NET framework installed in the server. But how do I
    > add the "Application Server" role into my server.
    >
    > Further examine I found that if I place a label in the page. Label
    > appear but not the buttons. What could be wrong?

    I told you. Although you have the .NET Framework installed, you do not have
    ASP.NET configured.

    I'm not running Server 2003 at the moment, so I can't tell you the precise
    command. But look in Administrative Tools for "Configure Your Server" or
    something like that.
    --
    John Saunders
    Internet Engineer

    John Saunders, Sep 19, 2003
  5. I guess the problem is with your iis
    repair iis using aspnet_regiis utility
    at command prompt run this,
    aspnet_regiis -i
    normally this utility is available in
    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705 folder
    HTH
    Suresh Lingineni

    Suresh Lingineni, Sep 19, 2003
  6. kokwooi

    xxx xxx Guest

    Suresh,

    It works!!! Thx!!!

    xxx xxx, Sep 19, 2003
  7. kokwooi

    NuTcAsE Guest

    Hi...

    The problem your facing is that the server is not configured as an
    Application Server Role. Go to Start > Administrative Tools >
    Configure Your Server Wizard.
    This should launch a wizard, click next... and it will ask you to set
    all connections required for the wizard, click next again it will show
    all the roles that your server is configured, and all roles not
    configured. Click on Application Server (IIS, ASP.Net) and click okay.
    It should start installation of IIS, and the ASP.Net ISAPI that
    handles requests for ASPX files. That should set you up.

    Hope this helps

    NuTcAsE, Sep 19, 2003