Make a click on a javascript link in an ASP page

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Juan Jose Costello Levien, Aug 22, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    My name is Juan. I am new to the forum.
    Here I leave you a problem to see if you can help me.

    General Description

    I am developing an application in Visual Basic 6.
    The program has to consult an ASP page of a public argentinian service
    called ANSES, obtain a result from the response (the query is done by
    completing a form).
    The program sends the query with an Internet Transfer Control and the POST
    method supported.
    Up to here, all goes Ok.

    The problem is that sometimes, the query result may not finish in the result
    page, but the ASP server can respond as result a page with links. And
    clicking on those links makes appear the final desired result.

    So, my program detects if the response is effectively the final query result
    or a link form to click inside. This does it Ok.

    The problem is that I do not know to simulate a click on a corresponding
    form link with Visual Basic code, or simulate the submit method from that
    control with POST.
    I have tried with many entry data but no way.

    Details

    Data form filling page:
    http://www.anses.gov.ar/expedientes.htm

    ASP page:
    http://www.anses.gov.ar/servicios/IGTPC/Consulta.aspx

    Visual Basic code to automate the query response:

    Private Sub Command4_Click()
    Dim str As String
    Dim data As String
    Dim bData() As Byte
    Dim num As Long
    Dim j As Long
    Dim count As Long

    'completa los datos del formulario de expedientes
    data = "txtDoc=6903892&" & _
    "TipoTramite=1&" & _
    "submit1=Consultar"

    Inet1.Execute "http://www.anses.gov.ar/servicios/IGTPC/Consulta.aspx",
    "POST", data, "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

    'bucle que espera que el control inet este listo
    Do While Ready1 = False
    DoEvents
    Loop
    Ready1 = False

    str = Inet1.GetChunk(100000, icString)

    'salvo la página de links. El documento que puse en txtDoc devuelve
    varios resultados en una pagina de links.
    num = FreeFile
    Open "f:\cuil\exp-multi.htm" For Output As num
    Print #num, str
    Close num

    If InStr(1, str, "Para seleccionar un expediente, realice un doble
    click") <> 0 Then
    'Mas de 1 expediente
    'javascript:__doPostBack('DGExp$_ctl2$_ctl0','')

    j = 2
    count = 0

    Do While True
    If InStr(1, str, "javascript:__doPostBack('DGExp$_ctl" & CStr(j)
    & "$_ctl0','')") <> 0 Then
    count = count + 1
    j = j + 1
    Else
    'no hay mas
    Exit Do
    End If
    Loop

    Inet3 = Inet1

    For j = 2 To count + 1
    'str =
    Inet1.OpenURL("javascript%3A%5F%5FdoPostBack%28%27DGExp%24%5Fctl" & CStr(j)
    & "%24%5Fctl0%27%2C%27%27%29")

    Inet1.Execute , "POST", "%5F%5FEVENTTARGET=DGExp%3A%5Fctl" &
    CStr(j) & "%3A%5Fctl0&%5F%5FEVENTARGUMENT=%00", "Content-Type:
    application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

    Do While Ready1 = False
    DoEvents
    Loop
    Ready1 = False

    str = Inet1.GetChunk(100000, icString)

    num = FreeFile
    Open "f:\cuil\exp-multi" & CStr(j - 1) & ".htm" For Output As
    num
    Print #num, str
    Close num

    Inet1 = Inet3
    Next

    MsgBox "Ok. " & CStr(count) & " expedientes procesados."

    Else
    '1 expediente
    num = FreeFile
    Open "f:\cuil\exp.htm" For Output As num
    Print #num, str
    Close num
    WebBrowser1.Visible = True
    WebBrowser1.Silent = True
    WebBrowser1.navigate "f:\cuil\exp.htm"

    Do While WebBrowser1.Busy = True
    DoEvents
    Loop
    Do While WebBrowser1.readyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE
    DoEvents
    Loop
    WebBrowser1.document.Charset = "UTF-8"

    WebBrowser1.Refresh

    MsgBox "Ok"
    End If

    End Sub

    Well, the thing is that the problem as I said results in clicking the links
    that has the "URL" javascript:__doPostBack('DGExp$_ctl2$_ctl0','')
    I have tested a lot of things, changing arguments, but is does not work (it
    returns me the page WITHOUT the result data).
    Apparently it does not submit the data as it has to.

    Of course I will thank your answers very very much.

    With attention,

    Juan

    Juan Jose Costello Levien, Aug 22, 2005