Make a DTD usable (standalone problem)

Discussion in 'XML' started by Vincent Lefevre, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. In some DTD, I'd like to include latin-1 entities as XHTML does:

    <!ENTITY % HTMLlat1 PUBLIC
    "-//W3C//ENTITIES Latin 1 for XHTML//EN"
    "xhtml-lat1.ent">
    %HTMLlat1;

    but also do this kind of things (as XHTML does):

    <!ENTITY % URI "CDATA">

    <!ELEMENT root (#PCDATA)>
    <!ATTLIST root
    blah %URI; #IMPLIED

    But such a DTD can't be used with XSLT because

    blah %URI; #IMPLIED

    requires standalone="yes" in the XML file [*], but in this case,
    I can no longer use the entities defined by xhtml-lat1.ent!

    Is there a solution?

    [*] See the discussion
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=707469&group_id=10127&atid=110127

    At least sablotron detects the problem.

    TIA,

    --
    Vincent Lefèvre <> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
    validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International

    Vincent Lefevre, Jul 20, 2003

  2. In article <bfgh13$6ic$>,
    Richard Tobin <> wrote:

    > But why are you in this situation at all? You need the parser to
    > process all parameter entities, so that you can use the Latin-1
    > entities. Your document is *not* standalone, so don't declare it
    > standalone. Make sure (external) parameter entity processing is
    > turned on.

    OK, so is it a problem with the configuration of the XSLT processor
    (Sablotron)?

    Vincent Lefevre, Jul 21, 2003

  3. In article <20030721151725$>,
    Vincent Lefevre <> wrote:

    > In article <bfgh13$6ic$>,
    > Richard Tobin <> wrote:
    >
    >> But why are you in this situation at all? You need the parser to
    >> process all parameter entities, so that you can use the Latin-1
    >> entities. Your document is *not* standalone, so don't declare it
    >> standalone. Make sure (external) parameter entity processing is
    >> turned on.

    > OK, so is it a problem with the configuration of the XSLT processor
    > (Sablotron)?

    Hmmm... using --flags=2 with Sablotron seems to be the solution.

    Vincent Lefevre, Jul 21, 2003