Make a DTD usable (standalone problem)

Vincent Lefevre

In some DTD, I'd like to include latin-1 entities as XHTML does:

<!ENTITY % HTMLlat1 PUBLIC
"-//W3C//ENTITIES Latin 1 for XHTML//EN"
"xhtml-lat1.ent">
%HTMLlat1;

but also do this kind of things (as XHTML does):

<!ENTITY % URI "CDATA">

<!ELEMENT root (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST root
blah %URI; #IMPLIED
But such a DTD can't be used with XSLT because

blah %URI; #IMPLIED

requires standalone="yes" in the XML file [*], but in this case,
I can no longer use the entities defined by xhtml-lat1.ent!

Is there a solution?

[*] See the discussion
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=707469&group_id=10127&atid=110127

At least sablotron detects the problem.

TIA,

Vincent Lefevre

Richard Tobin said:
But why are you in this situation at all? You need the parser to
process all parameter entities, so that you can use the Latin-1
entities. Your document is *not* standalone, so don't declare it
standalone. Make sure (external) parameter entity processing is
turned on.

OK, so is it a problem with the configuration of the XSLT processor
(Sablotron)?

Vincent Lefevre

Vincent Lefevre said:
OK, so is it a problem with the configuration of the XSLT processor
(Sablotron)?

Hmmm... using --flags=2 with Sablotron seems to be the solution.