Make a software & interfacing it with access control card reader

Tricky-Ft

Hi,

i work in a security company, and i've to make a software which allows
user to control access of people to a military restricted area .

the database etc isn't a problem for me but i would like to know which
is the easiest way to connect a magnetic card reader to my software
and how to make them work together. (which port to use, ...).

i've been looking for informations over the web but i didn't find
tutorials..

thanks..
Best Regards,
Tricky-Ft
(sorry for my bad english)

Christopher Benson-Manica

Tricky-Ft said:
i work in a security company, and i've to make a software which allows
user to control access of people to a military restricted area .
the database etc isn't a problem for me but i would like to know which
is the easiest way to connect a magnetic card reader to my software
and how to make them work together. (which port to use, ...).

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

Claudio Puviani

Tricky-Ft said:
Hi,

i work in a security company, and i've to make a software which allows
user to control access of people to a military restricted area .

the database etc isn't a problem for me but i would like to know which
is the easiest way to connect a magnetic card reader to my software
and how to make them work together. (which port to use, ...).

i've been looking for informations over the web but i didn't find
tutorials..

Besides this being off-topic, as Christopher mentionned, it's possibly illegal
and maybe even treasonous for someone in a country other than your own to
assist you in developing technologies for even remotely military purposes.

Caveat proditor!

Claudio Puviani

Tricky-Ft

Christopher Benson-Manica said:
Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

i'm sorry i didn't think to be off topic coz i am making this software
in c++.

Furthermore, for the law problem...i don't look for anybody to help me
making this software or to see my source code but i just wanted to
know the different possibilites.

well, thx anyway.