Make any request for a noexistent subdirectory go to a default pag

codeboy

I’d like to have my users point their browsers to subdirectories that do not
exist and have them all handled by one aspx page. For example if a user trys
to go to www.mysite.com/fakedir1, www.mysite.com/fakedir2, or
www.mysite.com/fakedir3 they will all be handled by
www.mysite.com/mypage.aspx. I don’t know what fake directories will be
needed so I’d like it to happen for all subdirectories. I’d also like the
user to think they are actually in the dir. So the browser will need to
continue to reflect the dir they actually requested.

Andrew Morton

codeboy said:
I'd like to have my users point their browsers to subdirectories that
<snip>

Can you not see the answers you've been given already?

Andrew

Gregory A. Beamer

Iƒ Td like to have my users point their browsers to subdirectories
that do not exist and have them all handled by one aspx page. For
example if a user trys to go to www.mysite.com/fakedir1,
www.mysite.com/fakedir2, or www.mysite.com/fakedir3 they will all be
handled by www.mysite.com/mypage.aspx. I donƒ Tt know what fake
directories will be needed so Iƒ Td like it to happen for all
subdirectories. Iƒ Td also like the user to think they are actually
in the dir. So the browser will need to continue to reflect the dir
they actually requested.

What is the disconnect here?

* Answers to other threads not what you are looking for?
* Cannot see the many times you have posted and had this answered?

Asking over and over again is not the most useful direction to go when
you have a problem.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)