make content's of file in binary form to zero and convert them back

Kelsey Bjarnason

I am trying to change the content's of a file in binary form to zero and
then again change them back.

Can anyone help me with this.

Sure:

1) Make copy of file
2) Determine number of bytes to write
3) Write 0 bytes to original file
4) Copy duplicate file back to original file
5) Optionally remove duplicated file

Sum total effect of operation: spin the disk a while. Assuming the file
is on a disk.

checoo

I am trying to change the content's of a file in binary form to zero
and then again change them back.

Can anyone help me with this.

Thank's in advance

Ian Collins

checoo said:
I am trying to change the content's of a file in binary form to zero
and then again change them back.
Why?

Can anyone help me with this.
A bit more detail would help.

CBFalconer

Kelsey said:
Err... why? Seems to be okay at this end. Says 1:39 AM now,
and it's 1:39 AM.

I see nothing wrong, assuming he is sending from the GMT timezone.

Richard Tobin

Kelsey Bjarnason said:
Err... why? Seems to be okay at this end. Says 1:39 AM now, and it's
1:39 AM.

Your post has this header:

Date: Wed Feb 06 01:40:22 GMT 2008

and is a reply to Ian's which has this header:

Date: Wed Feb 06 07:05:04 GMT 2008

so clearly one of you has the wrong time.

Since according to my server Ian's arrived at 07:09 GMT and yours arrived
at 09:50 GMT, I'd guess that it's yours that is wrong.

My guess is that you are 8 hours behind GMT and have your timezone set
wrong.

-- Richard