    address bar, but the web domain name. For instance, www.kcsenior.net. The
    web space address is never shown throughout the site. How is this done,
    please? I appreciate this newsgroup. Dick Ross

    ross, May 15, 2004

  2. ross

    Els Guest

    ross wrote:

    > I have noticed that some web pages do not show their actual url in the
    > address bar, but the web domain name. For instance, www.kcsenior.net. The
    > web space address is never shown throughout the site. How is this done,
    > please? I appreciate this newsgroup. Dick Ross

    It's done using frames, and it's a bad thing. How will you
    bookmark that one special page you liked?

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, May 15, 2004

  3. ross

    Hywel Guest

    In article <40a66869$0$41746$>, Els
    says...
    > ross wrote:
    >
    > > I have noticed that some web pages do not show their actual url in the
    > > address bar, but the web domain name. For instance, www.kcsenior.net. The
    > > web space address is never shown throughout the site. How is this done,
    > > please? I appreciate this newsgroup. Dick Ross

    > It's done using frames, and it's a bad thing. How will you
    > bookmark that one special page you liked?

    Use the query string to pass the name of the page you want loaded into
    the frameset around. Easy.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, May 16, 2004
  4. Hywel wrote:

    > Use the query string to pass the name of the page you want loaded into
    > the frameset around. Easy.

    Which then displays a URL other then "just the domain name" which defeats
    the (foolish) object of the exercise.

    David Dorward, May 16, 2004
  5. ross

    Hywel Guest

    In article <c884d2$dt3$1$>, David Dorward
    says...
    > Hywel wrote:
    >
    > > Use the query string to pass the name of the page you want loaded into
    > > the frameset around. Easy.

    > Which then displays a URL other then "just the domain name" which defeats
    > the (foolish) object of the exercise.

    Indeed, though I was addressing the bookmarking of a framed page
    mentioned by Els.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/