make html/tabs working in an emal file.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by chunji08@gmail.com, Oct 9, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,
    I have such things in my Ant scritp to send a daily report to my group
    member,
    "
    <target name="email_2_team">
    <mail from=""
    tolist=""
    subject="Today's migration results "
    messagemimetype="text/html"
    messagefile="migrate.html"/>
    </target>
    "
    Since the report becomes more and more complicated, I am just
    wondering if I could put some tabs in that html file, so that when
    they open their email in ms/outlook, or any IE, Mozilla, they may
    click the tabs and see results page by page ?

    Can someone give me some advise if it is possible ? How to put it in
    one html file? Any simple example will be very helpful !

    Thanks a lot !

    Chun

    , Oct 9, 2007

  2. On Oct 9, 7:09 pm, wrote:
    > Since the report becomes more and more complicated, I am just
    > wondering if I could put some tabs in that html file, so that when
    > they open their email in ms/outlook, or any IE, Mozilla, they may
    > click the tabs and see results page by page ?

    HTML formatted emails are generally viewed in clients that have strict
    "no javascript' policies, so this isn't possible.

    I'd suggest a plain text report with a link to a version on a
    webserver if people want the pretty version.

    --
    David Dorward
    http://dorward.me.uk/

    David Dorward, Oct 10, 2007

    On Oct 10, 5:56 am, David Dorward <> wrote:
    > On Oct 9, 7:09 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > Since the report becomes more and more complicated, I am just
    > > wondering if I could put some tabs in that html file, so that when
    > > they open their email in ms/outlook, or any IE, Mozilla, they may
    > > click the tabs and see results page by page ?

    > HTML formatted emails are generally viewed in clients that have strict
    > "no javascript' policies, so this isn't possible.
    >
    > I'd suggest a plain text report with a link to a version on a
    > webserver if people want the pretty version.
    >
    > --
    > David Dorwardhttp://dorward.me.uk/http://blog.dorward.me.uk/

    Thank you for the tips, that saves me lots of time.

    Appreciated !

    Chun

    , Oct 10, 2007