    and not
    *my_word (Netscape) - there is no space character between * and my_word.

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Mr. x

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Mr. x" <> wrote:

    >If I am using the <li> tag there is a small dot that is before the text, but
    >in IE there is also a space character between the dot and the word, and in
    >Netscape there is no space.

    There normally is a space in Netscape. What styles are you applying?

    >How can I write my code, so both IE and Netscape will have a space between
    >the dot and the word

    Please post a URL of an example page so that we can see what code you
    are using. I can think of two possibilities:

    1. Some of your CSS has removed the default padding on the li element
    in NN but not IE.
    2. You're using li elements, but not as children of ul elements, in
    which case anything could happen.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    > Please post a URL of an example page so that we can see what code you
    > are using. I can think of two possibilities:

    http://www.moca.co.il/test/main.html
    Right now I don't hire any web-designer, so the site looks pretty bad,
    (the link is to a test directory, which generally doesn't openned by users).

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003
  4. "Mr. x" <> wrote:

    > http://www.moca.co.il/test/main.html
    > Right now I don't hire any web-designer, so the site looks pretty
    > bad,

    You seem to have created quite a mess even without a web dee-sighner.
    The page is nothing but an iframe, to begin with. Besides, my browsers
    says it needs to install some plugin - presumably Hebrew language
    support.

    > (the link is to a test directory, which generally doesn't
    > openned by users).

    Can't see any link. The page is completely void on my IE 5.5.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    > The page is nothing but an iframe, to begin with. Besides, my browsers
    > says it needs to install some plugin - presumably Hebrew language
    > support.

    Yes, it is Hebrew, I should say that.
    Also has flash (version 4.0).

    > > (the link is to a test directory, which generally doesn't
    > > openned by users).

    I meant www.moca.co.il/test/main.html
    There is no other link I have mentioned.

    > Can't see any link. The page is completely void on my IE 5.5.

    I have IE 6.0 and netscape 7.1, and Mozilla 1.5.
    It works almost the same for those browser, with a tiny <li> differences.
    I don't know how to check my site in old browsers,
    since there can be only one version of browser,
    I would be glade if you give me some advises how to check my site in old
    browsers ?
    (I don't know why Microsoft, or Netscape companies, didn't do some features
    for viewing the in old browser styles ?)
    (I don't think this is a great deal is all about !?).

    BTW, for this case, here is a source of using <li> with the problem of
    netscape :
    -----------------
    13pt;"><b>
    A Text 1
    </i></b>
    A Text 2
    A Text 2
    <li>List Item 1<br>
    <li>List Item 2<br>
    <li>List Item 3<br>
    <li>List Item 4<br>
    <li>List Item 5<br>
    <li>List Item 6<br>
    <li>List Item 7<br>
    <li>List Item 8<br>
    <li>List Item 9<br>
    <li>List Item 10<br>

    </b></td>
    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003
  6. Mr. x

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Mr. x" <> wrote:

    >> Please post a URL of an example page so that we can see what code you
    >> are using. I can think of two possibilities:

    >http://www.moca.co.il/test/main.html
    >Right now I don't hire any web-designer, so the site looks pretty bad,
    >(the link is to a test directory, which generally doesn't openned by users).

    As I suspected. You are not nesting your <li> elements inside a <ul>
    element. This is not allowed.

    Read the HTML spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/
    Validate your code: http://validator.w3.org/

    Steve Pugh, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    > As I suspected. You are not nesting your <li> elements inside a <ul>
    > element. This is not allowed.

    I have added the <ul>, something like
    <ul>
    <li>Item 1</li>
    <li>Item 2</li>
    </ul>
    , but I now a new problem.
    IE is OK.
    Netscape doesn't have any dots before the items.

    > Read the HTML spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/
    > Validate your code: http://validator.w3.org/

    I know this link, but first I'll have to change my HTML to XHTML code before
    I continue - am I right.
    (I shall spend a little time on doing it).

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Mr. x

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Mr. x" <> wrote:

    >> As I suspected. You are not nesting your <li> elements inside a <ul>
    >> element. This is not allowed.

    >I have added the <ul>, something like
    ><ul>
    ><li>Item 1</li>
    ><li>Item 2</li>
    ></ul>
    >, but I now a new problem.
    >IE is OK.
    >Netscape doesn't have any dots before the items.

    Looks like a minor issue with Gecko (Mozilla, NN6/7, etc.) and lists
    within a dir="rtl" block. A little bit of CSS can solve it. See
    http://steve.pugh.net/test/x/

    >> Read the HTML spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/
    >> Validate your code: http://validator.w3.org/

    >I know this link, but first I'll have to change my HTML to XHTML code before
    >I continue - am I right.

    No. The validator will validate HTML as well as, in fact in a few
    minor ways better, than XHTML. Unless you have some other reason to
    convert to XHTML?

    Steve Pugh, Nov 29, 2003