Make links inside alien iframe open in new window?

Anthony Sporetta

Hi all

I have a page which has an iframe, containing an external site which I have
no control over.

When someone clicks one of their links inside the iframe, it currently opens
that link also inside the iframe.

Any way to make it open the link in a new window?

base target doesn't work, as the alien site seems to take priority and open
links however *it* is configured to.

Thanks.

Ant.

Peter

Hi all

I have a page which has an iframe, containing an external site which I have
no control over.

When someone clicks one of their links inside the iframe, it currently opens
that link also inside the iframe.

Any way to make it open the link in a new window?

No, I don't think there is. Sorry.

Nick Kew

Hi all

I have a page which has an iframe, containing an external site which I have
no control over.

Do you have the site's permission to do that?
When someone clicks one of their links inside the iframe, it currently opens
that link also inside the iframe.

Any way to make it open the link in a new window?

base target doesn't work, as the alien site seems to take priority and open
links however *it* is configured to.

Yep. You could work around that by proxying the iframe's content
through your own server, and using mod_publisher to insert a
<base target> or target attributes in the iframe's contents.