    links however *it* is configured to.

    Thanks.

    Ant.

    Anthony Sporetta, Oct 7, 2006

  2. Anthony Sporetta

    Peter Guest

    On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 16:35:46 GMT, "Anthony Sporetta" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >I have a page which has an iframe, containing an external site which I have
    >no control over.
    >
    >When someone clicks one of their links inside the iframe, it currently opens
    >that link also inside the iframe.
    >
    >Any way to make it open the link in a new window?

    No, I don't think there is. Sorry.

    Peter, Oct 7, 2006

  3. Anthony Sporetta

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <CHQVg.102526$>,
    "Anthony Sporetta" <> writes:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have a page which has an iframe, containing an external site which I have
    > no control over.

    Do you have the site's permission to do that?

    > When someone clicks one of their links inside the iframe, it currently opens
    > that link also inside the iframe.
    >
    > Any way to make it open the link in a new window?
    >
    > base target doesn't work, as the alien site seems to take priority and open
    > links however *it* is configured to.

    Yep. You could work around that by proxying the iframe's content
    through your own server, and using mod_publisher to insert a
    <base target> or target attributes in the iframe's contents.

    --
    Nick Kew

    http://www.prenhallprofessional.com/title/0132409674

    Nick Kew, Oct 7, 2006