Make multiple DIVs fill entire space? CSS solution?

Noozer

Posting for a friend here...

Basically he's creating something that looks like multiple tabs. The DIVs
are floated left and currently are sized based on the text within. The DIV
that contains these tabs is of a fixed width. If there are too many tabs
created, they will wrap to the next line, which is fine. Also, the text on
these tabs is scalable. The number and contents of the tabs will change and
may end up being dynamically generated.

Is there any way to make these tabs (DIVs) increase in width automatically
to fill the rest of the blank area to the right?

Sorry I don't have a sample URL to post.

Thanks!

brucie

in post: <
Noozer said:
Posting for a friend here...

thats what they all say
Basically he's creating something that looks like multiple tabs. The DIVs
are floated left and currently are sized based on the text within.

why isn't "your friend" using a styled list?
The DIV that contains these tabs is of a fixed width. If there are too
many tabs created, they will wrap to the next line, which is fine.
Also, the text on these tabs is scalable. The number and contents of
the tabs will change and may end up being dynamically generated.

Is there any way to make these tabs (DIVs) increase in width
automatically to fill the rest of the blank area to the right?

your description is very nice but due to my lack of intelligence i
really need a URL to look at before i can suggest solutions/alternatives
etc.
Sorry I don't have a sample URL to post.

ask "your friend" for one.

Noozer

brucie said:
in post: <

thats what they all say

Hey! I've posted here before for my own issues... This one ain't mine! : )
why isn't "your friend" using a styled list?

Actually... I asked him... he is actually using a styled list.
your description is very nice but due to my lack of intelligence i
really need a URL to look at before i can suggest solutions/alternatives
etc.

I know... I didn't have much fun trying to describe it either.
ask "your friend" for one.

Unfortunately it's on an intranet, so no outside access to it.

He's decided to rework it and drop the "tab" look. It was going to end up
cluttered with the number of tabs that would have existed anyhow.