    to fill the rest of the blank area to the right?

    Sorry I don't have a sample URL to post.

    Thanks!
    Noozer, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Noozer

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:ccBhc.199805$Ig.88122@pd7tw2no>
    "Noozer" <> said:

    > Posting for a friend here...

    thats what they all say

    > Basically he's creating something that looks like multiple tabs. The DIVs
    > are floated left and currently are sized based on the text within.

    why isn't "your friend" using a styled list?

    > The DIV that contains these tabs is of a fixed width. If there are too
    > many tabs created, they will wrap to the next line, which is fine.
    > Also, the text on these tabs is scalable. The number and contents of
    > the tabs will change and may end up being dynamically generated.
    >
    > Is there any way to make these tabs (DIVs) increase in width
    > automatically to fill the rest of the blank area to the right?

    your description is very nice but due to my lack of intelligence i
    really need a URL to look at before i can suggest solutions/alternatives
    etc.

    > Sorry I don't have a sample URL to post.

    ask "your friend" for one.

    --
    b r u c i e
    brucie, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post: <news:ccBhc.199805$Ig.88122@pd7tw2no>
    > "Noozer" <> said:
    >
    > > Posting for a friend here...

    > thats what they all say

    Hey! I've posted here before for my own issues... This one ain't mine! : )

    > > Basically he's creating something that looks like multiple tabs. The

    DIVs
    > > are floated left and currently are sized based on the text within.

    > why isn't "your friend" using a styled list?

    Actually... I asked him... he is actually using a styled list.

    > > The DIV that contains these tabs is of a fixed width. If there are too
    > > many tabs created, they will wrap to the next line, which is fine.
    > > Also, the text on these tabs is scalable. The number and contents of
    > > the tabs will change and may end up being dynamically generated.
    > >
    > > Is there any way to make these tabs (DIVs) increase in width
    > > automatically to fill the rest of the blank area to the right?

    > your description is very nice but due to my lack of intelligence i
    > really need a URL to look at before i can suggest solutions/alternatives
    > etc.

    I know... I didn't have much fun trying to describe it either.

    > > Sorry I don't have a sample URL to post.

    > ask "your friend" for one.

    Unfortunately it's on an intranet, so no outside access to it.

    He's decided to rework it and drop the "tab" look. It was going to end up
    cluttered with the number of tabs that would have existed anyhow.
    Noozer, Apr 22, 2004