Make predictions about Python in a New Google Game

Discussion in 'Python' started by Amir Michail, Jan 9, 2005.

  1. Amir  Michail

    Amir Michail Guest

    Hi,

    I have added over 50 Python related (Query, URL) pairs into the
    Speculative Search Game -- a new Google game.

    Just search for "python" to find them when making predictions:

    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/spec/

    The Speculative Search Game allows you to predict which web pages will
    rank more highly on Google in the future. Your score will depend on
    the actual ranking of those pages in the future.

    The output of the game will be used to build a Speculative Search
    Engine that ranks those web pages more highly today.

    Note that such predictions can be helpful in managing a large project.
    See for example this article:

    http://www.time.com/time/insidebiz/article/0,9171,1101040712-660965-1,00.html

    The python (Query, URL) pairs that I added have pretty general queries
    such as "python" and "python bindings". Feel free to add other sorts
    of queries to those URLs (e.g., "gui framework", "scripting language",
    "programming", etc.)

    Of course, feel free to add other sites as well, including any of your
    python sites that I have missed.

    Amir
    Amir Michail, Jan 9, 2005