make problems

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Glenn, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    Hi,

    I'm using cygwin and am trying to install DBI-mSQL and am getting errors
    on make .. any idea how to fix this (TIA):

    cpan> install DBD::mSQL
    Running install for module DBD::mSQL
    Running make for J/JW/JWIED/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2219.tar.gz
    LWP not available
    Fetching with Net::FTP:

    ftp://cpan.calvin.edu/pub/CPAN/authors/id/J/JW/JWIED/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2219
    ..tar.gz
    CPAN: Digest::MD5 loaded ok
    LWP not available
    Fetching with Net::FTP:
    ftp://cpan.calvin.edu/pub/CPAN/authors/id/J/JW/JWIED/CHECKSUMS
    Checksum for /home/Glenn
    Bagrowski/.cpan/sources/authors/id/J/JW/JWIED/Msql-Mysq
    l-modules-1.2219.tar.gz ok
    cannot open /home/Glenn: no such file
    Package seems to come without Makefile.PL.
    (The test -f "/home/Glenn Bagrowski/.cpan/build/JWIED000/Makefile.PL"
    returned
    false.)
    Writing one on our own (setting NAME to DBDmSQL)

    CPAN.pm: Going to build J/JW/JWIED/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2219.tar.gz

    Writing Makefile for DBDmSQL
    -- NOT OK
    Running make test
    Can't test without successful make
    Running make install
    make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

    cpan> install make
    Warning: Cannot install make, don't know what it is.
    Try the command

    i /make/

    to find objects with matching identifiers.

    Glenn, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Glenn

    Joe Smith Guest

    Glenn wrote:

    > I'm using cygwin ...
    >
    > cannot open /home/Glenn: no such file
    > Package seems to come without Makefile.PL.
    > (The test -f "/home/Glenn Bagrowski/.cpan/build/JWIED000/Makefile.PL"
    > returned false.)

    cygwin# perl -pi.bak -e 's/Glenn Bagrowski/glenn/g' /etc/passwd
    cygwin# mv "/home/Glenn Bagrowski" /home/glenn

    -Joe

    P.S. Please use comp.lang.perl.misc instead of comp.lang.perl

    Joe Smith, Dec 3, 2004

  3. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    Joe Smith wrote:
    > Glenn wrote:
    >
    >> I'm using cygwin ...
    >> cannot open /home/Glenn: no such file
    >> Package seems to come without Makefile.PL.
    >> (The test -f "/home/Glenn
    >> Bagrowski/.cpan/build/JWIED000/Makefile.PL" returned false.)

    > cygwin# perl -pi.bak -e 's/Glenn Bagrowski/glenn/g' /etc/passwd
    > cygwin# mv "/home/Glenn Bagrowski" /home/glenn
    >
    > -Joe
    >
    > P.S. Please use comp.lang.perl.misc instead of comp.lang.perl

    Thanks for the help and the reply.

    Still getting errors however.. I'll post it in .misc.

    ~Glenn

    Glenn, Dec 4, 2004