make Serializable or create custom TypeConverter ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Christian, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Christian

    Christian Guest

    Hi,

    I try to assign a variable of type WebControls.Button to ViewState as
    follows

    ViewState["m_ballSelected"] = m_ballSelected;

    but get an error -->

    "The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button' must be marked as Serializable
    or have a TypeConverter other than ReferenceConverter to be put in
    viewstate."

    How do I mark this intrinsic-control as Serializable ?
    or else ...
    I guess I have to create a custom TypeConverter for my Button then ?
    How do I do that ?
    any code samples someone can recommend me ?

    thanks

    chris
    Christian, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Christian

    Gary Varga Guest

    Just add EnableViewState="True" as an attribute to the
    button in the aspx file.

    HTH,
    Gaz

    Gary Varga, Jul 18, 2003