Make session last longer than 20 minutes.

George Ter-Saakov

Hi guys/girls,
I just published this article on codeproject and think a lot of you will be
interested.

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/SessionForever.asp

Sorry for self promotion but I decided it's better to get it there than show
how it works every other day to someone.
Plus I think no one will refuse to implement the feature when users are
staying logged in for as long as they have your site/page open (unless you
work in a bank of course).

Thanks
George.

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
Hi guys/girls,
I just published this article on codeproject and think a lot of you will be
interested.

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/SessionForever.asp

Sorry for self promotion but I decided it's better to get it there than show
how it works every other day to someone.
Plus I think no one will refuse to implement the feature when users are
staying logged in for as long as they have your site/page open (unless you
work in a bank of course).

Thanks
George.

Note that calling web services (an ASMX "page") will also renew the
session in the same way that you describe in your article, so if your
page has calls to an ASMX content, you may as well make it periodical to
reach the same effect at no cost.

HTH,
Laurent

George Ter-Saakov

Not sure how do you call web service from the browser.
But anyway it's good to know that WebServices share the same session pool
with the application.

George

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
Not sure how do you call web service from the browser.
But anyway it's good to know that WebServices share the same session pool
with the application.

George

You use the XmlHttpObject to send a request to the ASMX page. The major
difficulty is to create the SOAP envelope for the request and to decode
the Response, also in SOAP, but this should be much easier with Atlas.

HTH,
Laurent