make spell and grammar check possible in text area of a web page

Bhupesh Naik

This is a query regarding my problem to make a spell and
grammar check possible in text area of a web page.

We have aspx pages which are used to construct letters.
The browser based screens provide text area where the user
can insert big chunks of text and submit it all to the
server paragraph by paragraph.

The requirement is to do a Spell Check AND Grammar Check
in the text area. I did look at lot of possible third
party solutions which will work externally and provide the
checks in the Text Area of a browser web page, but they
all provide just the Spell Check and no grammar check. For
example http:\\www.asutype.com Does anyone know of a
component that will do this..?

I am looking at a solution wherein I could embed MS Word
in the aspx pages as the text area. This was possible in
windows forms in previous versions like in VB6 where an
OLE container can be used to host different MS application
documents. This is still possible in some of the MS Office
Software's, Linking and embedding.

It seems the OLE support is removed from .NET and that
rules out the possibility of embedding MS Word in aspx
pages. Let me know if I am wrong.

I have used WORD automation objects to open a document at
client side and call the Spell Checks and Grammar checks
method using Java Scripts but that pops up a Word document
during the checks and toggling the visibility to false
makes the browser - not responding.

I would like to know of any other possible solution to do
a spell check and grammar check inside a web page.

Platform used:
Windows 2000 Server SP 2.0
Visual Studio.NET with .NET Framework 1.0 + SP 2.0

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Bhupesh