Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'inherits' attribute, and that it ext

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by murl, Mar 27, 2007.

  1. murl

    murl Guest

    I want to create a web user control with a base class of 'GridView' so
    I can wrap the needed methods to make rows clickable. However when
    building the project I get the following message:

    "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the
    'inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class (e.g.
    Page or UserControl)."

    Markup:
    <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
    CodeFile="MerlinGridView.ascx.cs" Inherits="MerlinGridView" %>

    CodeBehind:
    using System;
    using System.ComponentModel;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.UI;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

    public partial class MerlinGridView : GridView

    If I change the base type of this control to be 'UserControl', the
    project builds fine. Any ideas?

    murl, Mar 27, 2007