Make table cells transparent?

Harry

is it possible to allow the page background to be visible in some
rows/cells?

any ideas?

thanks

harry

Hywel Jenkins

is it possible to allow the page background to be visible in some
rows/cells?

any ideas?
Table cells are already transparent unless you set a background colour
for them, aren't they?

Toby A Inkster

Harry said:
I just get white backgrounds not background image showing through!

Try:

table, tr, td { background: transparent; }

If that doesn't work, then post a URL.

Harry

Sorry for being so incredibly thick but how exactly would that look?

Tried -

Still all I get is a white background row covering the page background
image!

thanks once again!

harry

Steve Pugh

Harry said:
Sorry for being so incredibly thick but how exactly would that look?

Tried -

Either put the code that Toby supplied in your stylesheet or if you
insist on using inline styles use

And please do not top post.

Steve

EightNineThree

Harry said:
Sorry for being so incredibly thick but how exactly would that look?

Tried -

Still all I get is a white background row covering the page background
image!

thanks once again!

harry

As someone else said, table cells are, by their very nature, transparent.

newsposts

Toby A Inkster said:
Try:

table, tr, td { background: transparent; }

If that doesn't work, then post a URL.

And if these don't work try this little trick:

create an image 1 pixel by 1 pixel transparent gif format name it
spacer or empty or whatever you want and change the following code
accordingly.

If I can be of any further assistance; please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Christopher

Hywel Jenkins

I just get white backgrounds not background image showing through!

URL please. You're now relying on people's guess-work to solve your
problem. If they manage to do it, it will be more luck than judgement.