    any ideas?

    thanks

    harry

    Harry, Sep 25, 2003

  2. In article <8NEcb.162$>,
    says...
    > is it possible to allow the page background to be visible in some
    > rows/cells?
    >
    > any ideas?

    Table cells are already transparent unless you set a background colour
    for them, aren't they?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Harry

    Harry Guest

    I just get white backgrounds not background image showing through!

    Harry, Sep 25, 2003
  4. Harry wrote:

    > I just get white backgrounds not background image showing through!

    Try:

    table, tr, td { background: transparent; }

    If that doesn't work, then post a URL.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Sep 25, 2003
  5. Harry

    Harry Guest

    Sorry for being so incredibly thick but how exactly would that look?

    Tried -

    Still all I get is a white background row covering the page background
    image!

    thanks once again!

    harry

    Harry, Sep 26, 2003
  6. Harry

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Harry" <> wrote:
    >"Toby A Inkster" <> wrote in message
    >> Harry wrote:
    >>
    >> > I just get white backgrounds not background image showing through!

    >> Try:
    >>
    >> table, tr, td { background: transparent; }
    >>
    >> If that doesn't work, then post a URL.
    >>

    >Sorry for being so incredibly thick but how exactly would that look?
    >
    >Tried -

    Either put the code that Toby supplied in your stylesheet or if you
    insist on using inline styles use

    And please do not top post.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Sep 26, 2003
  7. Harry

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:49:25 GMT, "Harry" <> wrote:

    : <td colspan='6' background="background: transparent;" >&nbsp;</td>
    : <td colspan='6' "background: transparent;" >&nbsp;</td>
    : <td colspan='6' background="transparent;" >&nbsp;</td>

    You are definitely in need of help. The psychiatrist is in:
    http://www.westciv.com/style_master/academy/hands_on_tutorial/

    Once you go through the prescription, please let's have a look.

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Sep 26, 2003
  8. "Harry" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry for being so incredibly thick but how exactly would that look?
    >
    > Tried -

    > Still all I get is a white background row covering the page background
    > image!
    >
    > thanks once again!
    >
    > harry

    As someone else said, table cells are, by their very nature, transparent.

    --
    Karl Core

    Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

    EightNineThree, Sep 26, 2003
  9. Harry

    Guest

    Toby A Inkster <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Harry wrote:
    >
    > > I just get white backgrounds not background image showing through!

    > Try:
    >
    > table, tr, td { background: transparent; }
    >
    > If that doesn't work, then post a URL.

    And if these don't work try this little trick:

    create an image 1 pixel by 1 pixel transparent gif format name it
    spacer or empty or whatever you want and change the following code
    accordingly.

    If I can be of any further assistance; please feel free to contact me.

    Sincerely,
    Christopher

    , Sep 26, 2003
  10. In post <>
    said...

    the background attribute is only valid on the <body> element. use CSS.

    --
    27/September/2003 12:04:59 am

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?brucie?=, Sep 26, 2003
  11. In article <1BFcb.228$>,
    says...
    > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <8NEcb.162$>,
    > > says...
    > > > is it possible to allow the page background to be visible in some
    > > > rows/cells?
    > > >
    > > > any ideas?
    > > >

    > > Table cells are already transparent unless you set a background colour
    > > for them, aren't they?
    > >

    > I just get white backgrounds not background image showing through!

    URL please. You're now relying on people's guess-work to solve your
    problem. If they manage to do it, it will be more luck than judgement.

    Hywel Jenkins, Sep 26, 2003