"make test" fails while installing Math::Calc::Units via CPAN

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Rahul, Feb 10, 2009.

  1. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    I tried installing Math::Calc::Units by using " perl -MCPAN -e 'install
    Math::Calc::Units'" but it leads to an error during "make test"

    Running make install
    make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

    Should I force it? How does one force through CPAN?

    Incidently "make test" failed because:

    ##############
    Running make test
    PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
    "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
    t/main....ok
    t/pod.....Can't locate Test/More.pm in @IN
    ####################################

    Maybe there is a way to remedy that and thus get a clean installation?

    --
    Rahul
    Rahul, Feb 10, 2009

  2. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    Ben Morrow <> wrote in

    > What sort of perl install do you have that doesn't have Test::More?
    > It's been core since 5.6.2. Are you using some OS that thinks it's a
    > good idea to break the core perl install into a whole lot of separate
    > packages? You really want to fix that as soon as possible, or you're
    > likely to run into other problems later.

    Thanks Ben! I think I got perl as a part of fedora via yum.

    This is what it reports:

    Arch : x86_64
    Epoch : 4
    Version: 5.8.8
    Release: 30.fc8

    Tried to update it as well:

    yum update perl
    Setting up Update Process
    Could not find update match for perl
    No Packages marked for Update

    Maybe I messed something up along the way! Tried "locate More.pm" with
    no results.

    But it all works after I tried

    perl -MCPAN -e 'install Test::More'

    and then installed

    perl -MCPAN -e 'install Math::Calc::Units'

    Thanks for the pointer! It is strange that yum didn't help.

    --
    Rahul
    Rahul, Feb 10, 2009