Make thread Yield and sleep at the same time

Rick

Hi,

I need to make a thread sleep for 10 seconds.. but I want to yield() it
so that it loses ownership between those 10 secs and lets other threads
do their job. How can i do this? How can i make the thread let other
threads work while sleep as well? Thanks

Rick

VisionSet

Rick said:
Hi,

I need to make a thread sleep for 10 seconds.. but I want to yield() it
so that it loses ownership between those 10 secs and lets other threads
do their job. How can i do this? How can i make the thread let other
threads work while sleep as well? Thanks

No need for yield()
A sleeping thread steps out of the running state, so any thread in the ready
state is eligible to be run. ie generally if you have started 2 threads
running. If one sleeps the other will continue.