    This might be OT but any insights is highly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Roopa

    Roopa, Aug 30, 2004

  2. (Roopa) wrote in
    news::

    > How does one know what options has the compiler used when we start a
    > build/compile process (I use gcc compiler)
    > Actually we use a 'make' command to build the source files and the
    > output
    > that appears are so much garbled that we hardly able to identify
    > these.
    > Can you tell me what options and version of the 'C' is being used
    > to build our source file/tree.
    >
    > This might be OT but any insights is highly appreciated.
    > Thanks,

    If you ask in one of the gcc newsgroups that deals with make you willl
    probably be told about the how to make 'make' emit commands executed but
    we don't talk about make here, only C.

    --
    - Mark ->

    Mark A. Odell, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Roopa

    Malcolm Guest

    "Roopa" <> wrote

    > How does one know what options has the compiler used when we start a
    > build/compile process (I use gcc compiler)

    It's very platform-specific. Compilers always define certain constants to
    the preprocessor, which can be used to tell which mode you are compiling in.
    However not all option will necessarily trigger a define.

    Malcolm, Aug 31, 2004
  4. [OT] Re: make

    Roopa wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > How does one know what options has the compiler used when we start a
    > build/compile process (I use gcc compiler)
    > Actually we use a 'make' command to build the source files and the
    > output
    > that appears are so much garbled that we hardly able to identify
    > these.

    Unfortunately, the options to the compiler are those 'garbled' output.

    > Can you tell me what options and version of the 'C' is being used
    > to build our source file/tree.

    Read the compiler manual of your implementation in detail if you
    want to know the answer to all these questions.

    --
    Karthik.
    ------------ And now a word from our sponsor ----------------------

    Karthik Kumar, Sep 1, 2004