Makefile and dependencies of lib

Gg

Hi,

I have a project that depends on other projets. So I have a Makefile
that calls Makefile of sub-projects to build the libs if needed.
Once libs are built, the main Makefile link everything and make the
executable.
For dependencies of .h files, I solved the problem, but I still have a
problem for dependencies of libs. For example if I change nothing in
the subprojects, when I run the makefile, it calls all makefiles of
subprojects and does nothing (that is totally normal) but it makes the
link even when nothing has changed.
So I tried to find a way to make the link only if one of the lib of
subprojects have changed... Is it at least possible or do I have to
forget it?

Thanks,

Jack Klein

Hi,

I have a project that depends on other projets. So I have a Makefile
that calls Makefile of sub-projects to build the libs if needed.
Once libs are built, the main Makefile link everything and make the
executable.
For dependencies of .h files, I solved the problem, but I still have a
problem for dependencies of libs. For example if I change nothing in
the subprojects, when I run the makefile, it calls all makefiles of
subprojects and does nothing (that is totally normal) but it makes the
link even when nothing has changed.
So I tried to find a way to make the link only if one of the lib of
subprojects have changed... Is it at least possible or do I have to
forget it?

Thanks,

The operations of make and library files it not a language issue, it
is one defined by your particular tool set. You need to ask in a
compiler specific support group.