    configured the Makefile or this is not feasible. It would be best if
    there's an existing makefile to download for use. Anyone has
    experience?

    cyl, Dec 21, 2009

  2. cyl

    sisyphus Guest

    On Dec 22, 9:06 am, Christian Winter <> wrote:

    > There is a mention of cross compiling for 64bit on a 32bit platform in
    > 5.11.3's README.win32 though (and if remember right, there were a number
    > of patches to 5.11.2 that aimed to decouple miniperl from the target
    > build settings), so this (unstable) release might be worth a shot.

    I'm not sure about there being any "cross compiling for 64bit on a
    32bit platform" references in the README.win32.
    As I undesrstand it, the "cross compiler" mentioned there (provided by
    mingw-w64.sf.net) needs to be run on a 64bit platform. Admittedly, I'm
    not exactly clear on what constitutes a "cross compiler", and I
    haven't tested to see what happens when one attempts to use this
    "cross compiler" on a 32bit platform, so I could be wrong about that
    (and someone please correct me if I am).
    In any case, I'll give it a run on a 32bit platform when I get a
    chance, just to satisfy my own curiosity. In the meantime, I can
    confirm that it does work quite well when run on Vista64, though there
    were a few tests that failed when last I tested (with perl-5.11.2).

    Cheers,
    Rob

    sisyphus, Dec 22, 2009