Makefile to recusrively compile pod-docu?

Bruno Boettcher

hello,
i am far from beeing an expert about makefiles thus i as before trying
to achieve this by myself....

i have a project with several subdirs which hold a variable number of
subdirs themselves host of other subdirs.... a whole tree in other
words...

now i want to loop over those tree and generate the same tree in a
docu root after mangling through the pod compiler.

i suspect i am not alone with that sort of problem, thus a ready
makefile for that surely exists somewhere.

thanks for pointing it out to me!

James Willmore

On 29 Aug 2003 16:05:03 GMT
i am far from beeing an expert about makefiles thus i as before
trying to achieve this by myself....
Huh?

i have a project with several subdirs which hold a variable number
of subdirs themselves host of other subdirs.... a whole tree in
other words...

With you so far .... the File::Find module is your friend :)
now i want to loop over those tree and generate the same tree in a
docu root after mangling through the pod compiler.

Is this Perl documentation that you are trying to parse? Then the
ExtUtils::Installed module could be of some assistance. It will seek
out the installed modules for you. IMHO, it's not as reliable as the
method used by the CPAN module, but it will get you in the right ball
park.
i suspect i am not alone with that sort of problem, thus a ready
makefile for that surely exists somewhere.

Again, huh? You mean a Perl script, right?

Or did you post to the wrong group by accident? If this was by
accident, then ignore everything above - because it applies to Perl.
I disavow all knowledge of this thread and this thread will
self-destruct in 5 seconds :)

Seriously ... you could 'roll your own' script to gather up the
documentation that is marked up with POD. You can start with the
modules I mentioned above, as well as check out some of the Pod
modules on CPAN. Off hand, I don't know of any pre made scripts, but
have been known to be wrong. Your milage may vary.

HTH