Makefiles written in C++ and automatic compilation with GPLed Lake

Wybo Wiersma

LogiLogi.org Make (Lake for short) is yet another make replacement,
but one that allows you to create your makefile in C++. A header and
footer are added to it, and it's then compiled using your C++
compiler.

Afther that it's run, and that's the point where your other sources
are being compiled. Thanks to the lakeUsr extension library (which is
included), many (possibly complex) compile commands can be given with
one simple function call. The lakeUsr library features compilation of
source trees, compilation of static libraries, installation of
libraries and headers, and cleaning.

Lake has been inspired by Icmake, the make-replacement written by my
C++ teacher (F. Brokken) which did the same, but in a bizarre way. It
implemented a scripting language that looks just like C++. This was a
strange and limited approach in my opinion (Icmake doesn't implement
the whole C++ language), so I made Lake use the C++ compiler that's
sitting there anyway on your computer... for what else would you want
to compile your own sources with ?

Have a look at it, comments welcome...

http://nl.logilogi.org/MetaLogi/LaKe
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/logilogi/lake0.1.0.tar.gz?download